• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 1 "Pilot"

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
As the White Divine show wraps up, Dan keeps an eye on David, ready to interpose himself should the older man try anything. He's a little disappointed when nothing happens and the band goes backstage.

He gets up and crosses in front of the stage to head towards the main doors of the club, giving David ample chance to see him, and passing by Sakura as she goes the other way towards the backstage exit.

If the jerk's going to try anything, I'd rather he came after me than her.

As he passes Sakura, he mutters, "Do we got what we need?"

Shalimar

First Post
barsoomcore said:
He gets up and crosses in front of the stage to head towards the main doors of the club, giving David ample chance to see him, and passing by Sakura as she goes the other way towards the backstage exit.

If the jerk's going to try anything, I'd rather he came after me than her.

As he passes Sakura, he mutters, "Do we got what we need?"
"I think so, I know Dex was snapping a few pictures, and them kissing looks pretty good, especially with what she said to you about sleeping with him." she tells him, having been giving Selene and Danny her complete attention. She frowns at the thought of Selene wanting to be close with Danny, but she pushes it off, waiting as close as she can to the exit to backstage without giving herself away, she does her best to just blend in and lean against the wall, trying to listen for anything going on back there.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Boy, Sakura doesn't look very happy. Must be bored, hanging out in a student club. Some downtown place is probably more her scene. Tattoos and all that.

If David looks reasonably calm, Dan will wait by the exit, keeping an eye on the older man. If he looks like he's about to explode

OOC: Could that be ANOTHER Sense Motive check?

Then Dan will find a reason to stay in this general area, maybe circle around behind David so as to be close in case anything happens.

Tokiwong

First Post
Dan rolls an 18 for his Sense Motive check, David looks angry.

Dan circles around David who is sitting drinking a beer, and seems to be waiting. He glances around but looks satisfied, and just goes back to drinking while the musician on stage plays his music and a mellower calm mood settles on the bar.

The college bar is actually a separate building, one story, in an L-shape. The entrance opens to the main bar and several tables; while to the right are a few pool tables and a dart board on the far wall. To the left is more tables and the room extends back where the raised stage is, and then the door to the backroom. The parking lot starts out front and works its way around the right side of the building, and rear parking with a door that leads to the backstage. There is also a door in the back that most likely leads to the kitchen and three dumpsters sit out back; one for trash, and two for recycling. On the right side of the bar is a restaurant and on the left side is a strip mall.

James waits in the backstage, and after about fifteen minutes White Divine looks like they have packed up their van, and Selene even had time to change into black hip hugging pants and a white tank top. She has her long hair up in a bun, with chop sticks in place, holding her hair up. She says her goodbyes to the band and then walks out to her car and late model silver Honda Civic, to throw her bags into the car.

James gets a moment to relax as she places the bag into her car, but then hears the rumbling of another vehicle approach; he glances out and sees a black van pull around the row of cars. It pauses and the back opens up and what looks like some spec ops soldier walks out, in a black suit with gas mask and goggles covering the face.

James rolls a Listen check and gets a 15 for hearing the vehicle.

Selene does not see the soldier in back, as her back is turned as she rummages through her car. James is about forty away from the soldier, and the van is about forty-five feet away. James cannot see if the “soldier” is armed in the darkness.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Ha! This was simple. What was I worried about?

Tokiwong said:
James gets a moment to relax as she places the bag into her car, but then hears the rumbling of another vehicle approach; he glances out and sees a black van pull around the row of cars. It pauses and the back opens up and what looks like some spec ops soldier walks out, in a black suit with gas mask and goggles covering the face.

"Oh f:)ck..." James says quietly.

He gets up and hustles into the parking lot, unholstering his Beretta and trying to stay in cover behind cars.

Suppressor? Hmm, wait till later to decide.

As James gets up close to the 'soldier' he thumbs the safety off and tries to determine whether they're armed, and if so what with.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Ha! This was simple. What was I worried about?

"Oh f:)ck..." James says quietly.

He gets up and hustles into the parking lot, unholstering his Beretta and trying to stay in cover behind cars.

Suppressor? Hmm, wait till later to decide.

As James gets up close to the 'soldier' he thumbs the safety off and tries to determine whether they're armed, and if so what with.
James rolls a 15 for his Spot Check; the assailant has a pistol with silencer on it. The assailant makes a Spot check and rolls a 9, to see James. James rolls a Hide check of 14, and is so far unseen.

James hustles forward about fifteen feet ducking behind a vehicle, and sees that the ‘soldier’ has a pistol in hand with a silencer on it. He weaves his way through the vehicles, towards Selene as the van pulls around closer to her, inevitably for a quick pickup and getaway.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
OOC: Next time, gang, we need to have walkie-talkies or something.

Dan, seeing that David doesn't look like he's about to start spraying the place with hot lead, scopes out the place, looking for A) Selene, B) his coworkers and C) that weird Harvey guy. He's feeling pretty good right now -- they got the case wrapped up and Selene was, like, TOTALLY flirting with him. AND she's not having some affair with David, which means she doesn't have a boyfriend, which means that...

JimAde

First Post
Dexter loiters by the door, waiting for Selene to come back out and join David. After 10 or 15 minutes, when that doesn't happen, he shrugs. She must have slipped out the back. Might as well go take a look.

Walking out the front door and around the right side of the building (through the parking lot) Dexter pulls out his cell phone and calls Sakura to let her know what he's doing.

[OOC: I'm trying not to use OOC knowledge, but I did consider doing this earlier. Since it doesn't look like Dex will get any more pictures of David and Selene together, and Dan and Sakura are both here, he might as well go hook up with James. Feel free to smack me down if you want to :) ]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Dammit! Her vision was true. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into... bugger it, save the girl.

James screws the silencer onto his Beretta as he tries to keep pace with the soldier. Once its on, James pops up from his position behind a car and trains the weapon on him.

"Freeze! Drop the weapon! Now!" he growls, and readies himself to fire should the soldier try to get smart.

I'm fubar if I just stumbled onto some kinda government black op.

James tries to identify the pistol if he can get a clear enough view of it.

Tokiwong

First Post
Initiative: James 21, Selene 7, Soldier 5; Selene used an Action Point to boost her Initiative by 3.

Dexter walks outside, to hear James shout loudly, and he spots a figure in black near Selene as she pops her head up towards James, obviously aware of him, but still does not see the soldier walking up behind her, or assassin, or whatever it could be.

Dexter is flat-footed, and unaware this round. Consider this a surprise round.

Remove ads