Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Valerie Leirass? You heard of her?"

"Nope."

"Well, she sounds like she knows what she's talking about though. Besides, nobody would claim that if it wasn't true."

"Yeah, but, the elves?"

"Yeah, why do you have so many elves? We didn't hear about any envoy from the elves headed here? That's like three elves and then a druid, which everyone knows is pretty much like an elf."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vall rolls her eyes, "Is it for you to question who Elenia would have me spend my time with? Now please, if you could let us in, or at least let us send a note to Elenia, she can clear things up right away."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well but, what about King Aldin? We have to answer to him, not the Lady Princess, so this better not be another one of those moonlightings of hers where we have to run around the city for hours on a wild goose chase..."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Well but, what about King Aldin? We have to answer to him, not the Lady Princess, so this better not be another one of those moonlightings of hers where we have to run around the city for hours on a wild goose chase..."
"Well, if it was, wouldn't you be ahead of the game since I'd be her and we'd be in the palace already?" Val says. "Or would you risk sending someone who could potentialy be the princess on a moolighting out of the city and letting her rough it in the wild overnight?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Huh? You might be this Valerie Luh-whatzit, but even I know you're not Princess Elenia, so why do you change your tune like that all the sudden?"

"I don't trust 'em, that I don't. That one looks like an albino. They say albinos are demonic warlocks."

"Hmm...still, we'd better get the sarge," he turns back to the group, "You wait here and I'll go get the sarge."

*He waits to hear the reply.*

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler/Wizard

“Pardon me, but couldn’t you just let us in... we’ve had a long day, well a long week to be frank, and I for one would like to rest in a bed tonight,” Baeleth interjects.

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler/Wizard

“Well, if that's not an option, perhaps you could acquiesce to the lady’s request and send a note or a runner to the Princess, and then the Princess could speak with the King, as we seem to be at an impasse?” Baeleth asks, unshouldering his pack and sitting down on it... ready for a long wait.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka takes up a position alongside Baeleth.

"Honestly, we've spent enough nights on the road already. I see no reason to overwork these guards. They're simply following their duty. And when they get yelled at tomorrow morning for not letting us through at least they'll know they did the honorable thing and followed their duty. We can surely sleep in the woods or by the road one more night so the guards aren't troubled at our - or the Princess' - expense, certainly."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yeah, right. Go wake up the King every time somebody comes and wants in. Look, you may be who you say, but it's our job to watch this gate after dark, and so we shall."

"Heh, if we let just anyone in, though, like idiots, maybe they'd promote us to palace guards," the other guard makes what must be a joke, as the first guard laughs.

Remove ads