Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler/Wizard

Baeleth shrugs, “Not as well as I’d have hoped, but I’m glad to still be in one piece.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Elenia smiles.*

"The true heroes are not those who brag about their strengths and victories but those who understand their weaknesses and learn from their losses. I am sure you will do even better next time."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka nods to Elenia's definition and responds, "I have always thought the true heroes to be those who know the difference between right and wrong and still choose right. Those people, and the ones who realize that the majority of the world is abused by the minority and the heroes actually do something about it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...you almost make out the heroes to be anti-establishment by definition. I would say the world is made up of many disparate minorities, and many of them exploit the others based on where the power lies in any given situation. The street thug may have the power of the fist if he meets the lawyer in a dark alley, but the lawyer has the power of the word in the courts of law. But I do agree that doing good without understanding it is not enough. It is like paying lip service to a god just to get what you want."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think it's best if we figure out a plan of what to do. We know little, and our enemy, and they are not likely working with the same disadvantage," Val says.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm...you almost make out the heroes to be anti-establishment by definition. I would say the world is made up of many disparate minorities, and many of them exploit the others based on where the power lies in any given situation. The street thug may have the power of the fist if he meets the lawyer in a dark alley, but the lawyer has the power of the word in the courts of law. But I do agree that doing good without understanding it is not enough. It is like paying lip service to a god just to get what you want."

Rhaka replies after raising an eyebrow at Elenia's use of words larger than she'd ever heard before. "Then we agree to have different outlooks, then. My point is that the majority of the people in the world are at a disadvantage from birth and few people care. The heroes are the ones who care. Anybody can learn from their mistakes and look out for themselves. Heroes throw themselves into situations that benefit less fortunate people for the sake of the less-fortunate and taken-advantage-of. But our differences aside, I agree with my friend. We should focus on planning, not debate."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Heroes don't always need to just benifit the less fortunate Rhaka. The princess here is certaintly not among the lest fortunate, but our work so far has benifited her," Val says. "And not all that are less fortunate are virtuous."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka smiles, "True, but I would not call myself a hero currently, either. Perhaps if the plot to bring this demonic thingy is foiled we might be heroes ... but then we will have worked for the benefit of others - many people. Most of whom will likely not know of our sacrifice and have little reason to know of it. I'm not saying our work is unimportant, just that as of now it has not been on a heroic scale."

"As for virtue, I agree completely that falls on the wealthy and the poor, does it not? I would further assert that all have the ability to be virtuous or evil. It is a choice each of us must make in life. But being virtuous does not make one heroic, necessarily."

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler/Wizard

Bront said:
"I think it's best if we figure out a plan of what to do. We know little, and our enemy, and they are not likely working with the same disadvantage," Val says.
“Yes, I’m sure they know what they’re doing, while we’re going to be playing catch up... in the worst possible way... as I imagine most of us don’t even know very much about the original incident. I know I’m not much of a student of history, especially human,” Baeleth adds.

Remove ads