• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

“Well perhaps you should go see if Rhaka will allow Kinjon to enter then, Valerie...even if she won’t.”

Bront

The man with the probe
Val emerges from the warehouse, "Rhaka, we need Kinjon to sniff around and see if he smells something."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka is taken a bit by surprise as Valerie pops out the door so suddenly. She thinks for only a moment and adds, "Very well. But only if he will go in without me. I do not suppose it is illegal for animals to tresspass. They have little understanding of locks and the reasons for them."

She turns to Kinjon and although she knows that he will understand little of what's to come she adds with a gesture to Valerie, "Go inside, Kinjon. Scent." Once they are inside she continues to watch the door from as best of cover as she can find.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't think he was trained to do that trick (by which I mean following someone else into a place and then searching for scent trails on his own once inside), was he? You may need to use Speak with Animals)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
[OOC: Very well, I can do that. Although, people may not like the maeans.]

Rhaka casts the spell and says to Kinjon, "Dear friend, I have chosen to not go into the warehouse. However, the people we travel with wish to see if you can go in and smell the same smell that you found in the house with the mouse. If you desire, you may follow them inside. I will wait for you here."

If he goes {OOC: I'm assuming that's a DM action?} Rhaka will add, "Signal them if you smell it by standing upright on your back legs." If he goes, Rhaka also explains the signal to Valerie.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Kinjon yawns.*

'Hmm...maybe there's food. I'll check. Want any food?' he nuzzles against Rhaka, hoping to be pet or at least be scratched behind the ears, 'I love you, Rhaka.'

*Afterwards, he goes inside to sniff around, and Rhaka closes the door again and continues her vigil. Eventually, he stands upright on his back legs in a corner of the room.*

Bront

The man with the probe
"He found something," Val says, she rubs Kinjon behind the ears and searches the area where he is standing throughly.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Val searches the area and finds traces indicating that perhaps there is a hidden trapdoor under the crates near where Kinjon sniffed, though they must be moved to access it.*

Nonlethal Force

First Post
{OOC: Of course, Rhaka would have pet Kinjon and scratched him under chin at the indication of the desired affection. She replied, "no" to the food, with an added "but go ahead and eat whatever you can catch" with a wink and a grin. As he trotted off, she gave him a curious nudge on his backside and told him to be careful.}

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads