• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

unleashed

First Post
OOC: That's what I thought at first too, but then Bront asked what we saw, and we never really got any specific clarification about what happened...just options. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, I thought it was weird that Bront asked that--thus my option thing was basically "If you want them to see you, you can change here in front of everyone. Otherwise, do the alley thing" :lol: )

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I didn't know if there was a good place to duck and change, but if there was that wasn't inside the warehouse, she would have :).

"If you prefer Rhaka, that may be best. If you hear us call, come running quickly though please."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
[OOC: Sorry if this exalted thing is annoying people. But things like breaking and entering are clearly illegal even if for a good cause. A normal good character might be able to do that saying the ends justify the means, but in my mind an exalted one could not. Unless there is imminent reason to enter the building (saving a person's life, etc.) Rhaka can't violate her understanding of right/wrong. Add to it that a locksmith (an innocent) was involved in breaking and entering ...

As for Kinjon, Rhaka merely wanted to sniff around the outside - or go in if a door was open. There is clearly a difference between an all locked warehouse and one with a door open.]

"I understand, Valerie. But I hope that you do not need my services. Right or wrong, we are clearly not intended to enter such premises without proof of just cause.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I have no problem at all with it :) Val may be a little annoyed, but she won't hold it against Rhaka, and an outside watch seems prudent anyway :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
[OOC: Sorry if this exalted thing is annoying people. But things like breaking and entering are clearly illegal even if for a good cause. A normal good character might be able to do that saying the ends justify the means, but in my mind an exalted one could not. Unless there is imminent reason to enter the building (saving a person's life, etc.) Rhaka can't violate her understanding of right/wrong. Add to it that a locksmith (an innocent) was involved in breaking and entering ...

As for Kinjon, Rhaka merely wanted to sniff around the outside - or go in if a door was open. There is clearly a difference between an all locked warehouse and one with a door open.]

"I understand, Valerie. But I hope that you do not need my services. Right or wrong, we are clearly not intended to enter such premises without proof of just cause.
(OOC: An exalted character can break the law an infinite number of times without losing exalted as long as they don't also do something evil. In that sense, their code isn't stricter in every way than a paladin's, unless they are a Lawful Good ealted, or an exalted Paladin :D Of course, if she actually thinks breaking and entering is evil, well, then she definitely can't do it, although that probably means she has a bit of a Lawful streak in her--in the forest, all the animals can use a big tree and live in it together

Oh, don't think I'm annoyed--not at all. Just giving an FYI so you know where I stand on the matter)

Remove ads