Knightfall's "CC2 Cartography" Thread (Retired: Apr 16/05)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NEW MAP: The Kingdom of Jewels!

Ok, this new map is of a land known as the Kingdom of Jewels or more simply the Gem Kingdom.

The capital of th region is Alithton and while most of the region on the map is controlled by the Gem Kingdom, certain areas of it are independant of it.

First off, those communities marked with a CC2 political marker for dwarves and elves don't owe fealty to the Gem Kingdom and, in fact, actually come into conflict with human dominated kingdom.

Als, several of the communities on the edge of the map, such as Mound Watch to the northwest and Rohza in the east, along the river, are independant of the Kingdom of Jewels.

Mound Watch is more like a barbarian outpost then a community, as it and its citizens are bound to protect the burial caves located just to the southwest.

The dwarven community to the southwest of the Gem Kingdom, known as Farstone Clanhome is controlled by a single clan of hill dwarves, which has extensive mining rights to the hills around the Greystone Mountains. The hill dwarven community of Vale Hill have similar rights for the Shining Stones. These rights come from the High Thane of the Kingdom of the Greystones.

However, the humans of the Gem Kingdom don't recognize these rights, which is what the conflict between the two kingdoms has been about on most occasions.

Aslo, many barbarian nomad camps exist across the Lashee Divide and the region outh of the Gem Kingdom. Many silver 'wild' elves live amongst these barbarian tribes and work to curtail the Lord King's expansionist ways.

Anyway, that's all for today.

Cheers!

KF72

Attachments

• kingdom-of-jewels.jpg
    kingdom-of-jewels.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 151

RavenSinger

First Post
Question

Hi Knightfall,

I really have enjoyed looking at your maps. You obviously put a lot of thought and care into them. As you seem to be somewhat of a CC2 guru, I have a question if you wouldn't mind.

I have just bought CC2, and I am looking forward to using it. I have a fairly good idea of the shape of the entire world (multiple continents, etc.), and I also have a very good idea of the layout of the main campaign area (about the size of Rhode Island). Would you suggest that I create the entire world first and then zoom in to where the main campaign is going on? Or would you suggest I start with the campaign area and expand outwards?

Thanks so much,
Brian (aka RavenSinger)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Re: Question

RavenSinger said:
Hi Knightfall,

I really have enjoyed looking at your maps. You obviously put a lot of thought and care into them.

Thanks Brian! My maps are like an extension of myself into the fantasy worlds I create. The shape and inspire!

As you seem to be somewhat of a CC2 guru, I have a question if you wouldn't mind.

I have just bought CC2, and I am looking forward to using it. I have a fairly good idea of the shape of the entire world (multiple continents, etc.), and I also have a very good idea of the layout of the main campaign area (about the size of Rhode Island). Would you suggest that I create the entire world first and then zoom in to where the main campaign is going on? Or would you suggest I start with the campaign area and expand outwards?

Thanks so much,
Brian (aka RavenSinger)

That's a tough choice, especially in CC2. The program allows you to do either and I must admit I've bounced back and forth between top-down and bottom-up mapping.

Right now, I'm working on mapping out one whole continent, one regoin at a time.

I would suggesst you start with you're campaign area first and then go from there. Only create what you need to start with. Then as the PCs explore the world you can extend the maps as they travel. You could also make it that no one knows what's beyond the main campaign region, which could lead to the PCs wanting to become explorers of those nether regions beyond, say the Thundering Mountains of Gauol.

Let me know how it goes (but make sure you start your own CC2 thread if you post the maps here on EN World). I'm kind of fussy about my campaign threads, although I don't mind questions here about how I go about creating maps.

Cheers!

KF72

RavenSinger

First Post
Thanks for your response. I think I will begin with the smaller scale map, as you suggested. No use in getting too far ahead of myself. I'll post it in a new thread when I feel it's ready.

Thanks again,
Brian

garyh

First Post
Knightfall, I'm very impressed with your work! I don't swing by the Art forum often, but I'll have to do so more often now. :)

Question for you: Do you do requests? I'm looking to create a map for a campaign I'm planning on running, but I don't have CCG or your obvious skill and experience. If you're interested, I've got a rough sketch I can post in another thread with details on the campaign world to get you going.

Again, great stuff, Knightfall, and I'll be sure to visit the Art forum regularly now! :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
garyh said:
Knightfall, I'm very impressed with your work! I don't swing by the Art forum often, but I'll have to do so more often now. :)

Thanks for the compliment.

Question for you: Do you do requests? I'm looking to create a map for a campaign I'm planning on running, but I don't have CCG or your obvious skill and experience. If you're interested, I've got a rough sketch I can post in another thread with details on the campaign world to get you going.

Ok, I'm kind of straped for time right now, looking for a RL job but I can do it for you if you're willing to pay a small fee. Like around $10 to $20 US (MOs) depending on the complexity. I'm flexible on the pricing somewhat.

I need to keep my head above water and if I'm going to do mapping for other on a regular basis then I need to make it worth my while. (I'll need as much detail as your can give me.)

Anyway, let me know by e-mail if you're still interested.

Cheers!

Robert Blezard, a.k.a. Knightfall1972
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
rblezard@telusplanet.net

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
EN WORLD CITY PROJECT: A section of Mor's End

While I wish I had more time to work on the EN World City Project map... this little tidbit will have to do for now. It is the style of house that I'm goingto use for the buildings on Mor's End.

I'll try to get around to posting more sections as I do them.

Cheers!

KF72

Attachments

• mor\'s-end-section.jpg
    mor\'s-end-section.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 119

Remove ads