D&D 3E/3.5 Knightfall's "Humanoids + Templates = Fun" Thread (Retired)

Ferret

Explorer
I made it for "The PC's" to battle, I saw the template and imagined him breaking out of chains and attacking "The PC's":D

Not quite legal but it was good!

Rust diver
Huge Aberration
Hit Dice: 9d8+45 (85hp)
Initiative: +2 (dex)
Speed: 40ft, burrow 10ft
AC: 22 (-2 size, +2 dex, +12 Natural)
Attacks: Bite +12 Melee, 2 claws +7 Melee, Antennae touch +7 melee
Damage: Bite 2d8+8, Claw 2d6 +4, Antennae touch rust
Face/reach: 10ft. by 20ft. /10ft.
Special attacks: Leap, Rust
Special qualities: Scent, Tremorsense
Saves: Fort +11, Refl +8, Will +5
Abilities: Str 27, Dex 15, Con 20, Int 3, Wis 13, Cha 8
Skills: Jump +12 Listen +9 Spot +9
Feats; Alertness (B)

Climate: Temperate land or underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge rating: 8
Treasure: none
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 10-16HD (Huge); 17-27HD (Gargantuan)

Combat: Rust divers are an obscure combination of Rust monster and Bulette, this awesome duo of fearsome monsters is quite challenging.

A rust diver can scent a metal object up to 90 feet away, dashing toward the source and attempting to strike it with its antennae. The creature is relentless, chasing adventurers over long distances if they still possess intact metal objects but usually ceasing its attacks to devour a freshly rusted meal. A clever (or desperate) adventurer can often distract a hungry rust monster by tossing it some metal objects, then fleeing while it consumes them

Leap (Ex): A bulette can jump into the air during combat. This allows it to make four claw attacks instead of two, but it cannot bite. The attack bonus is +12.

Tremorsense (Ex): Bulettes can automatically sense the location of anything within 60 feet that is in contact with the ground.

Rust (Ex): A rust monster that makes a successful touch attack with its antennae causes the target metal to corrode, falling to pieces and becoming useless immediately. The size of the object is immaterial-a full suit of armor rusts away as quickly as a sword. Magic armor and weapons, and other enchanted items made of metal, must succeed at a Reflex save (DC 20) or be dissolved. A metal weapon that deals damage to a rust monster also corrodes immediately. Wooden, stone, and other nonmetallic weapons are unaffected.

I haven't muchg of a writing for it, but it seems good

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
Knightfall1972: Yes, I do mind actually. My name is draconic and very personal, so I would appreciate it if you didn't use it for the dwarves. Thank you in advance. :D

Sal'right...

Do you have any name suggestions for 'em?

Ferret: Rust diver looks cool. Thanks for contrubuting.

Rob

p.s. Wrist still real bad (of course, it's always bad :( ), not updating this thread today. Maybe by the weekend.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
Hmm... no, how about: Golikiy, Torixed, or I'rilim?

Later,

Hmm,

Golik
Go'lok - I like this one
Oliki/Oliky
Torix - Not as much
Rixe
Exir - Also not as much
I'ri
I'ril
Rilim
Milir
Milnir - It's Milnir Time! :p

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NarlethDrider said:
La Bump! More, more, more!:D

I'll do at least one or two later this week. (This didn't happen... sorry.)

Right now, my other minor threads are taking up my time, as well as the EN World City Project: Mor's End under Plots & Places.

Plots & Places (for the EN World City Project threads and my World of Kulan Campaign Development Thread)
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=18

Converting D&D 2E Trading Card characters to 3(.5)E!
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38699

I've got to be careful not to overdo the typing, which means the Trading Card thread and this one don't get worked on as often.

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Remove ads