D&D 3E/3.5 Knightfall's "Humanoids + Templates = Fun" Thread (Retired)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Two-headed Hobgoblin (Hogbor)
Medium-Sized Humanoid (Goblinoid)
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (19 hp)
Initiative: +5 (Dex, Improved Initative)
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +3 studded leather, +1 small shield)
Attacks: Longsword +2 melee; or javelin +2 ranged
Damage: Longsword 1d8; or javelin 1d6
Face/Reach: 5ft. / 5ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 90ft., redundant head *.
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +0
Abilities: Str 11 (+0), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 10 (+0)
Skills: Hide +3, Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Search +2, Spot +5, Weapon Focus (longsword)
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Initative (B)

Climate/Terrain: Temperate and warm land and underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually lawful evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2
* Two-headed hobgoblins are more able to survive, otherwise, lethal attacks (i.e. vs. a vorpal blade).

Skills: Two-headed hobgoblins receive a +4 racial bonus to Move Silently checks and a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Buddha the DM said:
Hey Knightfall.. Have you done any more Humanoid + Template combos?

Not in the last few days, the last one was posted on April 4th. I have to be careful not to hurt my injured hand/arm. It's just starting to get better and if I overdo it then I'll be right back where I started from.

However, I'm hoping to bang out at least one more before the end of this coming weekend - Feral Kobolds!

Look out for 'em soon. They'll chew your knees off - literally. :)

{EDIT}

I might do the humanoids from Bastion Press' Minions book as well. No promises though.

KF72

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's the feral kobold. I increased the creatures hit dice to 1 and changed some of its racial skill bonus to correspond to a more feral way of life. An interesting note, A 'feral' Monstrous Humanoid has d10 Hit Dice, instead of d8.

Feral Kobold
Small Monstrous Humanoid (Reptilian)
Hit Dice: 1d10+1 (6 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 40 ft.
AC: 17 (+1 size, +6 natural)
Attacks: 2 claws +1 melee; or halfspear +1 melee
Damage: 2 claws 1d6; or halfspear 1d6
Face/Reach: 5ft. / 5ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 2, light sensitivity
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3
Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 11 (+0), Con 13 (+1), Int 6 (-2), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10 (+0)
Skills: Craft (trapmaking) +0, Hide +6, Listen +5, Move Silently +2, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness

Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary, pair, gang (3 – 5), or tribe (60 plus 1 3rd level sergeant per 20 adults, 1 or 2 lieutenants of 4th or 5th level, 1 leader of 6th – 8th level, and 5 – 8 dire weasels).
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: 50% coins, standard goods and items, no scrolls
Alignment: usually lawful evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

Improved Grab (Ex): If a feral kobold hits an opponent that is at least Tiny-sized or smaller than itself with a claw attack, it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. The feral kobold has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use its claw to hold the opponent (-20 penalty on grapple check, but the feral kobold is not considered grappled). Each successive grapple check a feral kobold makes during successive rounds automatically deals claw damage.

Light Sensitivity (Ex): Feral kobolds suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.

Skills: Feral kobolds receive a +2 racial bonus to Craft (trapmaking), Listen, and Spot checks. Feral kobolds receive a +4 size bonus to Hide checks and a –4 size penalty to grapple checks (see pg. 4 of MM II).

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
Ouch, nasty.... :D

Hmm, if you got Fiend Folio, how about some half-fey goblins?

Ack! Here I was looking for an excuse NOT to by fiend folio and now you've given me a reason To buy it. :p

It will have to wait though, I don't have the money for it right now.

Cheers!

KF72

Krishnath

First Post
Don't feel bad, I'm not getting my copy until next week, it sold out all over the country (sweden by the way) in less than a day :p

That is the fastest any RPG book has sold out ever over here... :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
Don't feel bad, I'm not getting my copy until next week, it sold out all over the country (sweden by the way) in less than a day :p

That is the fastest any RPG book has sold out ever over here... :D

Yeah, well I don't feel that bad about not having it. After all, I've barely scratched the surface of the templates I do have access to.

Note: I've updated my list of 'humanoids' that I'm planning on templating. (See top of thread.)

I'm not sure which templates I'm going to add to those, but I'm eying my Manual of the Planes right now, as well as seeing what templates are in Minions.

Cheers!

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Buddha the DM said:
Would either of you mind if I did them?

The fey goblins? Go right ahead and post it. I'd like to see it. In fact, you can post any templated humanoid you want here, as long as the base creature starts out as a 'humanoid' but not a monstrous humanoid.

And feel free to go ahead and break the rules a little and apply any cool template to a humanoid, even if that template says you can't. Of course, if you do this then you'll have to 'eyeball' the CR and other parts that don't confrom to the template.

But it's fun regardless.

Cheers!

KF72

Remove ads