• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Knightfall's "Humanoids + Templates = Fun" Thread (Retired)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A new planetouched race!

Base Creature: Locathah

Waterchild (Planetouched)
Medium-Size Outsider (Aquatic, Water)
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 15 ft., swim 60 ft.
AC: 15 (+1 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: Longspear +2 melee; or light crossbow +2 ranged
Damage: Longspear 1d8+1; or light crossbow 1d8
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Immune to disease and water-based effects, +4 on Fortitude saves against poison
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +2
Abilities: Str 12 (+1), Dex 12 (+1), Con 12 (+1), Int 15 (+2), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 13 (+1)
Skills: Concentration +3, Craft (weaving) +6, Listen +7, Spot +6, Survival +4
Feats: Blind-Fight
Climate/Terrain: Any aquatic or underground
Organization: Company (2-4), patrol (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level), or tribe (30-100 plus 100% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +5

Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day – Obscuring mist. This ability is as the spell cast by a 2nd-level cleric.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
And another new planetouched creation!

Base Creature: Merfolk

Steamchild (Planetouched)
Medium-Size Outsider (Fire, Water)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Speed: 20 ft., swim 40 ft.
AC: 16 (+3 Dex, +1 natural, +2 leather)
Attacks: Trident +1 melee; or heavy crossbow +4 ranged
Damage: Trident 1d8; or heavy crossbow 1d10
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Immune to disease, immune to fire-based effects, +4 on Fortitude saves against poison
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 13 (+2), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 15 (+3)
Skills: Concentration +3, Hide +5, Listen +4, Move Silently +5, Spot +4
Feats: Alertness
Climate/Terrain: Any land or underground
Organization: Company (2-4), patrol (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level lieutenants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level), or band (30-60 plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains, and 10 porpoises)
Challenge Rating: 2
Alignment: Usually neutral
Level Adjustment: +5

Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day – Burning hands. This ability is as the spell cast by a 1st-level cleric.

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
This is an awesome thread. I'm already having ideas of hordes of howling Feral Goblins and dour Earth Elemental Dwarves. Mmmmm ... Earth Elemental Dwarves ...

But anyway I was hoping (and not to be rude) that you could be a little clearer on the base race and templates used in your critters?

For example, I'm not really sure what the Steamchild was before hand, or what template was applied. Anyway, thanks for the beasites.

Oh, and I use ya'll all the time. Just a little southern hospitality. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caliber said:
This is an awesome thread. I'm already having ideas of hordes of howling Feral Goblins and dour Earth Elemental Dwarves. Mmmmm ... Earth Elemental Dwarves ...

Glad I could be of service (you're players are going to hate me).

But anyway I was hoping (and not to be rude) that you could be a little clearer on the base race and templates used in your critters?

That's not rude, I'd want to know too. You can find all that information at the front of the thread including my entire planned list of creature conversions.

Note: I have expanded my list of planned conversions again. I'm also opening the door to other types, as long as the base creature is a humanoid, monstrous humanoid, giant, or an anthropomorphic creation (as per the template in Savage Species).

Thus, Krishnath you can now post your blue minotaur! :p

For example, I'm not really sure what the Steamchild was before hand, or what template was applied. Anyway, thanks for the beasites.

The steamchild are merfolk with the half-elemental (fire) template added on. A very strange planetouched race. Their aquatic blood has literally been brought to a boil.

Oh, and I use ya'll all the time. Just a little southern hospitality. ;)

Yeah, but I'm Canadian. Ya'll is not in our vocabulary.

[Edited for silly spelling mistakes.]

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Anthropomorphic Badger (Badder)
Small Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
AC: 13 (+1 size, +2 Dex)
Attacks: 2 claws +2 melee, bite +2 melee, or by weapon +2 melee, or by weapon +3 ranged
Damage: Claw 1d3+1, bite 1d4+1, or by weapon
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Rage
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., scent
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 12 (+1), Dex 15 (+2), Con 15 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 10 (+0)
Skills: Climb +4, Escape Artist +6, Listen+4, Spot +4, Survival +4 *
Feats: Treefriend (SS), Weapon Finesse (bite, claw) (B)
Climate/Terrain: Temperate forest, hill, plains, and underground
Organization: Solitary or cete (2-5)
Challenge Rating: 1
Alignment: Often chaotic neutral
Level Adjustment: +3

Rage (Ex): A badder that takes damage in combat flies into a berserk rage the following round, clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead. It gains +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, and -2 AC. A badder cannot end its rage voluntarily.

Scent (Ex): A badder can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. Range is 30 ft. If upwind, the range increases to 60 ft.; if downwind, it drops to 15 ft.

Skills: * +2 competence bonus on Survival checks to avoid becoming lost in a forest.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
You wan't the blue minotaur, eh, well, you see, Gharlocke isn't a templated creature, he is a kick-ass Minotaur NPC Gladiator though... :p

But don't worry, I will have a brand spanking new template up for this weekend, one that can easily be added to humanoids, giants, dragons, and just about anything else that isn't either incorporeal, an ooze, a plant, or an animal... And trust me, *YOU WILL LIKE IT!*

Anyways, still wan't to see the Blue Minotaur of Medano, even though he does not posess a template?

Later,

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Anyways, still wan't to see the Blue Minotaur of Medano, even though he does not posess a template?

Yep, that way I can template it. (Is it a monster race or an actual character?)

Anyway, here's another anthropomorph... inspired by the gator man race from Mystara.

Anthropomorphic Crocodile (Croc-Man)
Medium-Size Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic)
Hit Dice: 2d8+6 (15 hp)
Speed: 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
AC: 15 (+1 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: Bite +6 melee; or tail slap +6 melee; or by weapon +6 melee, or by weapon +3 ranged
Damage: Bite 1d8+4; tail slap 1d12+4; or by weapon
Face/Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft
Special Attacks: Improved Grab
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
Abilities: Str 19 (+4), Dex 12 (+1), Con 17 (+3), Int 11 (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 6 (-2)
Skills: Hide +7*, Listen +4, Spot +4, Swim +6
Feats: Swamp Stalker (SS)
Climate/Terrain: Warm marsh and aquatic
Organization: Solitary or colony (6-11)
Challenge Rating: 3
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Level Adjustment: +1

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a croc-man must hit a Medium-size or smaller opponent with its bite attack. If it gets a hold, the croc-man grabs the opponent with its mouth and drags it into deep water, attempting to pin it to the bottom.

Skills: *A croc-man gains a +12 racial bonus to Hide checks when submerged.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
It is an NPC character. His name is Gharlocke, just 'cause it rocks!

Imagine it a very big, blue furred minotaur with silver plated horns... I pity the lycanthrope that would mess with Gharlocke...

If you still want him, I'll put him up :p

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
It is an NPC character. His name is Gharlocke, just 'cause it rocks!

Imagine it a very big, blue furred minotaur with silver plated horns... I pity the lycanthrope that would mess with Gharlocke...

If you still want him, I'll put him up :p

Sounds like a cool chracter, but instead of posting him can you send the character to my e-mail address? This blue fur, silver plated horns thing gives me an idea for a new minotaur race (besides the one I already have.)

Last edited:

Remove ads