• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Knightfall's "Humanoids + Templates = Fun" Thread (Retired)

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
The Terak could definately make a fun minion of Llolth. :) (Personally in my campaigns I think the Skulk will be an experiment done by the Mindflayers on Drow and human prisoners).

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Players will NOT underestimage goblins in my game. :)

Clicks (Goblin + Feral + Insectoid + Half-Fiend)
Small Outsider
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6)
Initiative: +6 (Dex)
Speed: 40 Ft, Climb 40 Ft., Fly 40 Ft. (Average)
AC: 26 (+1 Size, +6 Dex, +9 Natural), touch: 17, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Claw +5 melee; or javelin +7 ranged
Full Attack: 2 Claws +5 melee, Bite +0 melee; or javelin +7 ranged
Damage: Claws 1d6+4, Bite 1d6+2; or javelin 1d6+4
Face/Reach: 5 Ft. By 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Spell-like Abilities
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Immunities, Tremorsense, Widevision
Saves: Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +2
Abilities: Str:18, Dex:23, Con:15, Int:10, Wis:15, Cha:10
Skills: Hide +11, Listen +6, Move Silently +11, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness
Climate/Terrain: Temperate and warm land and underground
Organization: Solitary, pair, gang (3-5), or tribe (61+)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: 50% coins, standard goods and items, no scrolls
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: By character class

Clicks are strange little gobinoids from some hellish plane. They are the same size as goblins, with 4 arms (only two of which are capable of delivering a claw attack), razor blade like mandibles, a black and red chitinous shell, and buzzing wings. Its eyes betray none of its crafty intelligence.

Combat
These creatures never attack an opponent unless they can swarm them. They still retain a goblin?s cowardice.

Immunities: A click is immune to poison and ignores the first 20 points from acid, cold, electricity, and fire sources.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the click must hit an opponent at least one size category smaller with a claw attack.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day ? Darkness: as a 1st level sorcerer.

Tremorsense (Ex): The click can automatically sense the location of anything within 60 feet that is in contact with the ground.

Widevision (Ex): Because of its multiple eyes and wide angle of vision, a click gains a +4 racial bonus to all Spot checks and cannot be flanked.

Skills
Clicks gain a +4 racial bonus to Move Silently checks. Click cavalry (mounted on worgs) gain a +6 bonus to Ride checks and the Mounted Combat feat.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Hmm.... Nice, personally I would exxchange the tremorsense with blindsight at the same range as the creature is capable of flight.

Also, the saves are off, as an outsider the click should have all good saves. Thus the base saves should be: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2. After modifiers this would change to Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +4.
Additionally the AC should be 26 not 24, and the initiative should be +6.

But still, I like it. :D

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
See most templates don't require you to change the saves, so I am just lazy and don't. Though I did miss the extra dex, bad bad me. I was half asleep when I did those guys. >_<

Krishnath

First Post
I know the feeling, personally I add all the templates, the check to see what creature type I end up with, and figure out the saves from there... :D

Remove ads