Knights of the Old Republic - IC

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
R0-T4 (Soldier 6, 57 Hp, No Conditions)

As Nomi Sunrider is speaking to her students, clanking footsteps are heard, walking down the path to the gathering place. A olive-green plasteel-shelled droid with a head that looks more like an old-civilization helm and a couple of rifles plainly visible, attached to his back, walks to the edge of the clearing and listens for a few moments before speaking.

Karl Green said:
"Yes I will arrange for a protocol droid to be provide to you. Many of the natives do speak basic but not all."

"Pardon me Mistress Sunrider, but I believe that there are some scrap parts from a protocol droind in our workshop. Perhaps we could simply salvage his Translator unit and Mistress Vao could be imposed upon to aid me in integrating it into my current system. I would then be availible to aid the apprentices should force become necessary, as well as translate for them. My programming is not all that different than your standard Protocol droid, though I am programmed, as you know, for Military Protocol, Training, and Tactical Analysis, not social protocols. Besides, I would not like for them to all die violent deaths without having an opportunity to prevent them from passing and give them helpful tactical insights in any combat situation."

R0-T4's predictions of violent deaths in the face of overwhelming odds are fairly common-place warning he gives to the apprentices during their training sessions, and Nomir Sunrider has come to find his dour outlook on combat encounters somewhat endearing.

drothgery

First Post
Serrana Vao, Twi'lek Female Scoundrel 5/Jedi 1, 48/48 HP (no conditions)

ValenarJaeldira said:
"Pardon me Mistress Sunrider, but I believe that there are some scrap parts from a protocol droind in our workshop. Perhaps we could simply salvage his Translator unit and Mistress Vao could be imposed upon to aid me in integrating it into my current system. I would then be availible to aid the apprentices should force become necessary, as well as translate for them. My programming is not all that different than your standard Protocol droid, though I am programmed, as you know, for Military Protocol, Training, and Tactical Analysis, not social protocols. Besides, I would not like for them to all die violent deaths without having an opportunity to prevent them from passing and give them helpful tactical insights in any combat situation."

"Do you think I can build in a more positive attitude while I'm at it?" Serrana asks, having lost rather more training bouts to the droid than she wants to admit.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Jade smirks at the grumpy droid, "Your just such a ray of sunshine that were gonna paint you pink, how would that suit you ARRO?" Jade asks teasing. "Master, we will have an expense account at the Republic's expense, yes?" the heiress asks making it sound as if it were just a confirmation of fact. "We may have to spread around some of the Republic's coin to get the feel for whats going on fast enough to resolve this."

Use Computer on Datapad to glean all the info, taking 10 + 10 = 20

Knowedge Galactic Lore roll to see who might benifit from Hiss'igoth ore production shuts down, or the trade route shuts down Know Galactic: 10 +15 = 25

Maeglin

First Post
“Several settlements, plus this Summer’s Lake enclave …,” Elan mused aloud. “Then we shall need planetside transportation.”

“I presume we may prevail upon the local Republic authorities to provide us with transports or riding beasts?”

“Jade,” he said, turning to his fellow apprentice. “Will you allow us to use the Star Jewel for any intercontinental travel?”

Elan’s pulse quickened at the thought of undertaking this task.

However, he drew long breaths, focusing his mind and letting go of the emotions that surged within him.

Adventure. Excitement. A jedi craves not these things, his master had taught him.

Karl Green

First Post
R0-T4 said:

Master Nomi smiles slightly and nods her head “I will see what I can arrange for you Arro

Jade said:
"Master, we will have an expense account at the Republic's expense, yes?" the heiress asks making it sound as if it were just a confirmation of fact. "We may have to spread around some of the Republic's coin to get the feel for what’s going on fast enough to resolve this."

[sblock]
Use Computer on Datapad to glean all the info, taking 10 + 10 = 20
Knowedge Galactic Lore roll to see who might benifit from Hiss'igoth ore production shuts down, or the trade route shuts down Know Galactic: 10 +15 = 25[/sblock]

[sblock]
There is a great deal of info here, but a quick glance tells you figures like estimated native and off-world populations (Hiss’agoth just under 400 million it is estimated, non-natives around 1 million), major imports (heavy machinery, mine processing equipment, etc) and exports (Giddon-Blue Ore) along with volumes, a list of the major settlements (the largest mining operation is at the south pole, a Czerka operated town call Mining Post XA-1009356 with a workforce of some 50,000 people), details maps of the polar plains and some of the mountain ranges but these are not as good quality.

You galactic lore roll will tell you that if Giddon-Blue ore is shut down for more then a month, a large number of older starship in the area would start so suffer critical overheating problems and newer ships would start to suffer with two months. Shipments from the Core Worlds and other sectors of the Republic could slow this down but it would be at great cost. There are no other planet where it is so easily mined in the sector of the Republic[/sblock]

Tilting her head, she replies “If you truly need money I am sure I can arrange something with the Captain of the Glory and that we can make arrangements to pay back at a later date. I will speak with her before you depart.

Elan said:
“Several settlements, plus this Summer’s Lake enclave …,” Elan mused aloud. “Then we shall need planetside transportation.”

“I presume we may prevail upon the local Republic authorities to provide us with transports or riding beasts?”

Nodding she says “You should have to contact the local Republic offices for that, I am sure that something can be arranged.

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
Arro cocks his head at the two girls poking fun at him.

"You realize, of course, that both my demeanor and my exterior paint-job are parts of my primary function. Reminding soldiers of the truth--that combat will frequently lead to them being dismembered or wounded--is preferable to lying and telling them that they will all live on as heroes for eternity. Also, I believe that pink would not be as camoflaging as my current plating...ah, thank you Mistress Sunrider. I look foward to aiding the apprentices."

Falkus

Explorer
Talesa Nell, Miraluka Female Noble 1/Jedi, 45/45 HP (No Conditions)

ValenarJaeldira said:

"I'm sure we all appreciate your presence," Talesa said dryly. It was no secret that she didn't particular enjoy the combat training that they had to go through. When she got the datapad, she scanned through it, looking for information on the biological makeup of the Hiss'agoth, and any out of the ordinary medical information on the species.

[sblock]Taking ten on Use Computer check (15), and getting a 18 on a Knowledge (life sciences) check[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Serrana Vao, Twi'lek Female Scoundrel 5/Jedi 1, 48/48 HP (no conditions)

ValenarJaeldira said:
Arro cocks his head at the two girls poking fun at him.

"You realize, of course, that both my demeanor and my exterior paint-job are parts of my primary function. Reminding soldiers of the truth--that combat will frequently lead to them being dismembered or wounded--is preferable to lying and telling them that they will all live on as heroes for eternity. Also, I believe that pink would not be as camoflaging as my current plating...ah, thank you Mistress Sunrider. I look foward to aiding the apprentices."

"'Leading the opposition force into a minefield is not within the parameters of the exercise'. 'No, mistress Vao, strafing the enemy ground troops with starfighter weapons is not permissible'. 'No mistress Vao, it is not safe to assume that if it is the will of the Force for you to succeed, you can walk up to the opposition commander unmolested without bothering to draw your lightsaber'.'" Serrana quotes. "I think the droid just doesn't like creativity."

[sblock=OOC Humor]Yes, there's probably a site on HoloNet somewhere with 213 things Serrana is not allowed to do in the Jedi Order, or would be if HoloNet had been invented yet... so it's on Serrana's character sheet in the RG instead...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maeglin

First Post
Nodding she says “You should have to contact the local Republic offices for that, I am sure that something can be arranged.

"Thank you, Master," Elan replied, bowing. "I shall meditate on this mission. If it is the will of the Force, we shall find a peaceful resolution to this matter."

OOC [sblock] This color ok for everyone? I hope it is not too Sith like... ;)[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
"The Republic wants us to save inter-galactic commerce and shipping, they can't expect that they could do it on the cheap. Once we get there we'll have to put out some feelers to see who is doing what with whom, and who has the sophistication and contacts to get the Hiss'igoth a ship with a nav computer. It costs money to do that type of thing." Jade said unapologetically. She might be able to get the Padawan's funding from the various shipping concerns that would be affected, but she doubted that the Republic would want the Jedi to be that indiscrete. The heiress wasn't looking for payment, simply a covering of expenses, not an unreasonable request as acting agents of the Republic in the matter.

"I take it you want us to leave as soon as the Glory arrives Master Sunrider?" Jade asks. "Lets go prep the Star Jewel." she directs to Serrana. "The Star Jewel will fit all of us comfortably, if Serrana will consent to be our pilot."

Remove ads