• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Old Republic - OCC

Shalimar

First Post
drothgery said:
Hmm... obvious sign of a desperate situation: Jade lets Serrana pilot her ship :) .

Nah, Jade owns the ship, so she is the captain but the captain isn't always the pilot, but its not like Jade is a bad pilot, she has a +11. Serrana would be free to act as pilot for Jade if she wanted.

Karl, Weapon Finesse isn't limited to just one weapon/weapon group, it affects all light weapons and lightsabers by taking it just once.

Shalimar

First Post
Karl, I noticed that Wiz-O Hutt the game designer posted a conversion of the Mirulka race, hopefully its helpful since you are building one and he used the same rules he used to design the races in the rule book.

Abilities: -2 Dex, +2 Int.
Speed: 6 squares.
Blindness: Miraluka cannot see normally. Unless they are able to use Force Sight (see below), all targets effectively have total concealment from them.
Bonus Feat: Force Sensitivity.
Force Sight: Miraluka have the ability to see through the Force despite being blind. This functions as the Force technique Improved Sense Surroundings (SECR p.103).
Quick Reactions: Miraluka may reroll Initiative checks, but they must keep the second result even if it is worse.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Karl Green said:
Note I think your normal Perception should be recorded here also (+2), just cause you can't use Force Perception for all perception checks, just most :)

As for transport, I could see it, up to you... or maybe even a beat up Fighter? Just for something different then the space yacht

I think a fighter might be better since Jade's ship could transport a dozen or so people, though I would point out that even used fighters are expensive, and Jade is having to sink 150k into her ship.

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar said:
Nah, Jade owns the ship, so she is the captain but the captain isn't always the pilot, but its not like Jade is a bad pilot, she has a +11. Serrana would be free to act as pilot for Jade if she wanted.

The thing is that while Serrana's a very good pilot (+16, vehicular combat feat, spacehound talent), she tends to treat anything she's at the controls of like a starfighter. This makes being her passenger an ... interesting... experience. So you want her at the helm if you're getting shot at, but otherwise... not so much.

Karl Green said:
Note I think your normal Perception should be recorded here also (+2), just cause you can't use Force Perception for all perception checks, just most :)

I guess. Though if Force Perception doesn't work, she's not going to notice it :).

Karl Green said:
As for transport, I could see it, up to you... or maybe even a beat up Fighter? Just for something different then the space yacht

I don't think Serrana can actually afford an astromech droid, so I'm kind of hoping you'd put together T3-A17 as an NPC (stats mostly as an R2).

As for her ship... it has to hold at least three people, and at least some cargo. I was thinking about trying to put together something for a small, fast, armed merchantman, but that's going to end up looking like a somewhat shabbier (at least on the outside) version of Jade's yacht, and Serrana doesn't really have any means of paying for it (and the only way she had of keeping it running -- and providing for herself -- was to operate the ship, which she couldn't very well do while in training). That's why I was thinking Nomi might have disposed of it (that, and even if she legally owned it as her parents heir, she certainly hasn't been keeping up with any loan payments).

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Shalimar said:
Karl, Weapon Finesse isn't limited to just one weapon/weapon group, it affects all light weapons and lightsabers by taking it just once.

Ah you are correct... I did not read that until just now (just assumed it was like the old rules)...

Shalimar said:
Karl, I noticed that Wiz-O Hutt the game designer posted a conversion of the Mirulka race, hopefully its helpful since you are building one and he used the same rules he used to design the races in the rule book.

Hmm interesting, I will have to go over to Wizards and check that out...

Karl Green

First Post
drothgery said:
I don't think Serrana can actually afford an astromech droid, so I'm kind of hoping you'd put together T3-A17 as an NPC (stats mostly as an R2).

As for her ship... it has to hold at least three people, and at least some cargo. I was thinking about trying to put together something for a small, fast, armed merchantman, but that's going to end up looking like a somewhat shabbier (at least on the outside) version of Jade's yacht, and Serrana doesn't really have any means of paying for it (and the only way she had of keeping it running -- and providing for herself -- was to operate the ship, which she couldn't very well do while in training). That's why I was thinking Nomi might have disposed of it (that, and even if she legally owned it as her parents heir, she certainly hasn't been keeping up with any loan payments).

OK let me look at Droids and think about a smaller (maybe smuggler) like small ship

Shalimar

First Post
Karl Green said:
OK let me look at Droids and think about a smaller (maybe smuggler) like small ship

If Serrana can have a handwaived ship, can Jade's ship be handwaived to? The ship will cost her the benifit of 9 levels worth of a talent, which is a pretty major investment. If not a full hand waive, maybe just a half-price (ie buying at cost vs buying at full price) I don't have a pressing need for all or even most of the credits, but she did spend a talent on wealth, there should be a benifit from that.

Karl Green

First Post
Shalimar said:
If Serrana can have a handwaived ship, can Jade's ship be handwaived to? The ship will cost her the benifit of 9 levels worth of a talent, which is a pretty major investment. If not a full hand waive, maybe just a half-price (ie buying at cost vs buying at full price) I don't have a pressing need for all or even most of the credits, but she did spend a talent on wealth, there should be a benifit from that.

Very true, I will not going to hand wave it... might have to think of something else :)

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar said:

Err... that's why I've been suggesting that she probably doesn't have it anymore. If there wasn't a very wealthy PC in the party, having possession of a tramp freighter with, at best, an unclear title (and which was certainly used extensively for smuggling) might make a nifty plot device (and provide an adventure hook when her parents' creditors catch up to her, especially considering the kind of people who will loan money to finance an illegal enterprise). If there is... it doesn't work out as well, because the PCs don't really have need of a ship.

Remove ads