Knights of the Scarlet Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureGoldx58

First Post
Google personalizes search results an awful lot. That may have something to do with it.

Beyond that, CM isn't really a gaming forum per se, although there's a ton of gaming talk and gamers over there.

I found ENworld through Google (all hail our future overlords) consistently sending me to threads here when I typed in a 3.5 question.

Elf Witch

First Post
I'm with you minus the "youth thing" his age has nothing to do with it. In fact most people in my age group (I am 22) have a lot of experience dealing with women in every fashion especially in a social aspect. High Schools are fairly equal in their distribution of male and female in classes and extracurricular activities nowadays.

Everything you said was spot on though, but his age has allotted him enough interaction with the female side of humanity for that to have no effect on his development of those...opinions.

I am mainly defending his age because I am not far off from his age but have a LOT more experience with women seeing as how 99% of my friends are women.

I was willing to give him some slack because of his age. It is possible that he has not really dated or had a lot of female friends who he could talk to about this.

For all I know he went to an all male school.

Just for the record I am not saying that all young people of this age group is this off the wall about sexuality.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Let me start out by saying that many responders to this thread seem to take this too seriously, instead of in the spirit of humor and light-heartedness in which it was meant.

The women in this organization have full sexual freedom, they just can't choose to be chaste.

As far as the children, I am working on a spell to prevent pregnancies and to safely abort a fetus if necessary in the Birth Control and D&D thread.

I never said that rape was okay.

What I said was that the Knights of the Scarlet Woman think that by kidnapping women and educating them to be sexually free they are liberating women from the bonds of chastity.

It is not exactly rape because the women are not forced to have sex involuntarily with someone. They are simply forbidden from being chaste, otherwise they retain full freedom to choose their sexual partner. If it was rape, they wouldn't retain such freedom.

I did not say that all the women are brainwashed, only those who are recalcitrant.

As a side note: when I came up with this idea, I was patterning them after the knights of neraka/takhisis in Dragonlance.

Hunter99, perhaps if you could clarify one single point, we'd understand where the apparent conflict lies.

Woman joins the order, lets say on her own free will. She buys into the guidelines of the order. She looks around, doesn't see any gentlemen she'd like to have sex with at this time. Some more time passes, she still hasn't found a guy she'd like to choose. She's still open to the idea of finding a guy, she just hasn't yet. Clarify these 2 questions:

1. How much time does she have to make her choice? Days? Weeks? Years?

2. If, by whatever the time limit is in the answer to question 1, she does not select and have sex with a man, how does the order resolve this choice?

PureGoldx58

First Post
I was willing to give him some slack because of his age. It is possible that he has not really dated or had a lot of female friends who he could talk to about this.

For all I know he went to an all male school.

Just for the record I am not saying that all young people of this age group is this off the wall about sexuality.

I didn't think you were, really, I just wanted to point out that his age might actually make it worse because from my personal observations most men my age, boys really, have had plenty of interaction between genders.

Dandu

First Post
Hunter99, perhaps if you could clarify one single point, we'd understand where the apparent conflict lies.

Woman joins the order, lets say on her own free will. She buys into the guidelines of the order. She looks around, doesn't see any gentlemen she'd like to have sex with at this time. Some more time passes, she still hasn't found a guy she'd like to choose. She's still open to the idea of finding a guy, she just hasn't yet. Clarify these 2 questions:

1. How much time does she have to make her choice? Days? Weeks? Years?

2. If, by whatever the time limit is in the answer to question 1, she does not select and have sex with a man, how does the order resolve this choice?
0103-3500265.jpg

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I'm sure there are plenty of suitable men available if a woman is interested in having a relationship.

I would not place any time limits, unless the woman was suspected of intentionally deceiving the order to maintain her chastity.

If a woman remained without entering into sexual relationships for too long, the knighthood would most likely take this to be an abnormal sign and investigate. Perhaps even provide some "encouragement" in the form of enchantment spells unless the woman was of high ranking and known to be trustworthy.

Edit: Dandu, this doesn't seem to be very polite. This has been a very enjoyable and fun discussion, why would you want to stop it?

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
It seems to me that if such a knighthood were to ever exist and to seize power, whether in real life or in D&D, it would take place in a country like France.

Therefore I have decided to model the country where this revolution takes place after France. That will also be the location of the headquarters of the knighthood.

"Yet Another Effort, Frenchmen, If You Would Become Republicans."

Sorry, I didn't bother reading this thread till tonight, but I just had to get that in there.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
As a matter of fact, I have read Marquis De Sade.

The motto, "the sun shines no less brightly on you, because it shines on others" was from his works.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I'm sure there are plenty of suitable men available if a woman is interested in having a relationship.
I'm imagining an order such at this would draw men interested in guaranteed sex. It's just designed for it. Men with this motivation, masked in some sort of honor code, might not be attractive in character for women. Even if a man does have chivalrous intentions, a woman might be so skeptical after finding so many not-chivalrous men trying to cover up that she might not think there are plenty of suitable men.

If a woman remained without entering into sexual relationships for too long, the knighthood would most likely take this to be an abnormal sign and investigate. Perhaps even provide some "encouragement" in the form of enchantment spells unless the woman was of high ranking and known to be trustworthy.
And THIS is exactly where the freedom is taken away. Knowing that this is the end result of taking too much time will always be in the back of a woman's mind. The men who have entered this order, the one's driven by the desire for easy sex and are just playing along with seeming to be upstanding, will be keeping track of these women, looking to apply pressure. The guidelines of such an order will be abused, unless you are also magically influencing the men as well to respect the woman's choice. Perhaps all the men entering the order would be placed under a Geas spell to respect the woman's choice?

Also, if the woman is "Encouraged", what/who determines the specific guy this encouragement moves her towards? the guys who happen to be standing in the room when the "Encouragement" is cast? Is she free to receive this "Encouragement" and then be released into the world to still take her time making a free will choice?

Edit: Dandu, this doesn't seem to be very polite. This has been a very enjoyable and fun discussion, why would you want to stop it?
Hunter, I think it's because you are the ONLY person enjoying this discussion, while everyone else (Myself included) are at different degrees of upset by the way you've responded to to the progression of this conversation.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I want to repeat and expand one of my previous statements. If every man entering this Order voluntarily was placed under a Geas spell, binding them to respect the woman's choice, and each man was monitored to confirm that this Geas stayed in place, this order might actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads