Knights of the Scarlet Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I suppose the suggestion would take the form of "find a suitable man with which to have sexual and romantic relationships with."

This knighthood was intended to be an organization of libertines who have come together for the satisfaction of the desires of the flesh.

Of course, all coercion could be removed from the organization and instead the organization could be structured along purely voluntary lines.

Then, the coercion could be moved to a sister organization that would take care of all the dirty work leaving the Knights of the Scarlet Woman with good PR.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
As a matter of fact, I have read Marquis De Sade.

The motto, "the sun shines no less brightly on you, because it shines on others" was from his works.

I was curious if you had. I'm a huge fan of his writings and saw some similarities in your views and his, though in your case not advocated for nearly as well or consistently. I think you need to read him more, though, because your little Knight order is taking things to a level even he'd be against. As he says right in "Yet Another Effort, Frenchmen, if You Would Become Republicans":

"...for, it will be agreed, to seek to impose universal laws would be a palpable absurdity: such a proceeding would be as ridiculous as that of the general who would have all his soldiers dressed in a uniform of the same size; it is a terrible injustice to require that men of unlike character all be ruled by the same law: what is good for one is not at all good for another."

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I was curious if you had. I'm a huge fan of his writings and saw some similarities in your views and his, though in your case not advocated for nearly as well or consistently. I think you need to read him more, though, because your little Knight order is taking things to a level even he'd be against. As he says right in "Yet Another Effort, Frenchmen, if You Would Become Republicans":

"...for, it will be agreed, to seek to impose universal laws would be a palpable absurdity: such a proceeding would be as ridiculous as that of the general who would have all his soldiers dressed in a uniform of the same size; it is a terrible injustice to require that men of unlike character all be ruled by the same law: what is good for one is not at all good for another."

Actually from my readings of him, he does not seem to be against it. He thinks that rape should be legalized so he would probably approve of this knighthood.

As far as his statement that imposing universal laws on individuals is an absurdity, I disagree.

Without general rules of individual just conduct imposed on all without exception there can be no rule of law and therefore no liberty in society. In the absence of general rules of just conduct there would reign that dreadful condition of a rule of men and not laws.

Only universal rules of just conduct imposed on all can ensure that the government does not arrogate arbitary power to itself.

I would suggest reading Friedrich Hayek for more on that.

the Jester

Legend
Edit: Dandu, this doesn't seem to be very polite. This has been a very enjoyable and fun discussion, why would you want to stop it?

You have admitted that you are trolling. Furthermore, you are trolling about rape, which is something that many posters find objectionable and some may have actually experienced. Worst of all, you are trolling about rape on ENWorld, just barely skirting offending Eric's grandma. As for it being a "very enjoyable and fun discussion," while some of us are doubtless enjoying it, others are doubtless finding it horrific and scarring.

Don't be shocked if you get a whole lot of STFU type comments, dude- you really are begging for them.

domino

First Post
I don't think he's actually trolling, given how much work went into the Codex Rapeolgia up there. I think he's serious, but backpedaling to try to say "no no, I don't approve of rape, I just approve of what these hypothetical rapists would do."

PureGoldx58

First Post
I don't think he's actually trolling, given how much work went into the Codex Rapeolgia up there. I think he's serious, but backpedaling to try to say "no no, I don't approve of rape, I just approve of what these hypothetical rapists would do."

I believe that, I also don't know what sarcasm is or means.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
Have I said that I was trolling? I certainly have not said such a thing.

I certainly was serious about my idea, although I did not know that my idea would be taken as a reflection on my real life views.

Darwinism

First Post
Have I said that I was trolling? I certainly have not said such a thing.

I certainly was serious about my idea, although I did not know that my idea would be taken as a reflection on my real life views.

People don't spend time writing up detailed plans for things they have no attraction to.

Oh and the parts where you disagree on the definition of rape, yeah, those are the parts where your personal views on rape show through.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I was not writing up a "plan" if by that you mean something I intended to act on.

Of course the libertine lifetyle is deeply appealing to me, but that does not make me a rapist.

Just as Dominique Strauss-Kahn does not become a rapist because he is a libertine. (I think he's innocent by the way.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads