Knights of the Scarlet Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
But be clear that the rapists are the bad guys. I don't think you'll get many players if you make it sound like you think rape is ok.

I never said that rape was okay.

What I said was that the Knights of the Scarlet Woman think that by kidnapping women and educating them to be sexually free they are liberating women from the bonds of chastity.

It is not exactly rape because the women are not forced to have sex involuntarily with someone. They are simply forbidden from being chaste, otherwise they retain full freedom to choose their sexual partner. If it was rape, they wouldn't retain such freedom.

The women in this organization have full sexual freedom, they just can't choose to be chaste.

Do you even realize how little sense this statement makes. Full freedom of anything means just that; full freedom.

Anything else may imply some form of freedom but it is anything but full.

Reactions: a-d

xigbar

Explorer
I did not say full freedom, I said full sexual freedom. Sexual freedom does not include chastity.

In other words, they don't have the sexual freedom to be chaste. The concept is fine, but you'll have to reword it a bit, for the sake of semantics.

Arcadio

First Post
I never said that rape was okay.

What I said was that the Knights of the Scarlet Woman think that by kidnapping women and educating them to be sexually free they are liberating women from the bonds of chastity.

It is not exactly rape because the women are not forced to have sex involuntarily with someone. They are simply forbidden from being chaste, otherwise they retain full freedom to choose their sexual partner. If it was rape, they wouldn't retain such freedom.

I'm not seeing the difference between "forbidden from being chaste" and "forced to have sex involuntarily." Being able to choose between several rapists doesn't make rape not rape.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I'm not seeing the difference between "forbidden from being chaste" and "forced to have sex involuntarily." Being able to choose between several rapists doesn't make rape not rape.

Well, I'm sure there will be many handsome knights in the order; there is bound to be at least one knight that catches a woman's eye.

And if you enjoy it, it's not rape.

kitcik

Adventurer
I think I can spell out the confusion for everyone.

In this quote you are saying that the Knights are perverted bastards that believe they are good but are likely perceived by everyone else as evil (as an earlier responder said). This is a good basis for discussion of a D&D world organization.

I did not say full freedom, I said full sexual freedom. Sexual freedom does not include chastity.

Here you are saying that your own view is that sexual freedom does not include chastity. This is the lightning rod for flames regarding your insensitivity, etc. Personally, I find this view extremely uninformed at best.

Without going too far on a tangent, autoroticism seems to be sexual in nature... And yet this is not part of sexual freedom?

In any case, I think we would benefit by keeping the thread focussed on the first point.

I could definitely see not only an organization but a cult dedicated to this belief, one whose members are extremely self-righteous and have "converted" a bunch of peasants (caused them to "bend the knee" and at least pay lip service to the beliefs, through intimidation or just peer pressure). This could definitely be an interesting plot feature. You could go through the organizational points thing: +1 if you have more than one wife, +5 if you have a female slave, -10 if you attend a church that preaches against any of the tenets of your organization, etc. And someone with high enough standing in the org could get benefits - such as any spells cast from rods or staves are automatically extended (just kidding on that one), or discounts at the slave markets, or +1 Con at night...

xigbar

Explorer
Well, I'm sure there will be many handsome knights in the order; there is bound to be at least one knight that catches a woman's eye.

And if you enjoy it, it's not rape.

There are drugs that can force you to enjoy it. There is Stockholm Syndrome, however, which is completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads