Kickstarter [Kobold Press] Valiant Friday: Kickstarter Countdown

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Likewise. This is going to do great. However I don’t see myself mixing and matching 5E/OneD&D and TotV.
I suspect that a lot of these different 5E corebooks are going to do well once the 2024 books are digested, people start saying "hey, how come they never provided X or Y" and it's pointed out that Kobold Press, Cubicle 7, EN Publishing and others have compatible books with X and Y there already.

I suspect that a lot of these different 5E corebooks are going to do well once the 2024 books are digested, people start saying "hey, how come they never provided X or Y" and it's pointed out that Kobold Press, Cubicle 7, EN Publishing and others have compatible books with X and Y there already.
Compatible for monsters and adventures for sure. I wouldn’t say so for character creation related material.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Compatible for monsters and adventures for sure. I wouldn’t say so for character creation related material.
🤷‍♂️

No one knows what the future may bring. A year ago, I would (and did!) scoff at the idea that WotC might try to revoke the OGL and I could never in a million years imagine them sending the Pinkertons to a fan's door.

It's entirely possible we will see a lot of parallel evolution in these different 5E corebooks, as everyone seems to have identified many of the same issues with the 2014 rules and they're also all aware of what everyone else seems to be contemplating for how to change it up.

They may end up being wildly incompatible -- which would mean they all fail in their goal of letting players and DMs continue using their 2014-compatible books -- or they may all fit together like hands in gloves. We won't know for sure until 2024.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm likely in....but unsure. I only play virtually right now, and I'm curious how they'll support, or not, the ability to play in the normal 5e game system, so I can use it with everything else......The biggest issue for me? I'd want now, not in 10 months or more.....I hope we get playtest / beta stuff as they go.

I'm likely in....but unsure. I only play virtually right now, and I'm curious how they'll support, or not, the ability to play in the normal 5e game system, so I can use it with everything else......The biggest issue for me? I'd want now, not in 10 months or more.....I hope we get playtest / beta stuff as they go.
At the new website, they have their featured digital partners.

1684771499196.png

Remove ads