[Koboldquest] Delivering the Calzone

Krug

Newshound
Serk gets some cover as well, as do Taden and Kadan. However, Betsy doesn't budge much from the path, even as Lok-Nar pulls.

"Oh it'll be worth it," continues one of the voices. "Better than yet more elvish waybread won't it be? Dry as parchment, the stuff..."

The voices crest the hill and you in front of you a group of halflings. There's one of them seated on a pony wearing a suit of armor, another four on pony as well wielding spears, on foot one of them carrying a mandolin who is apparently talking, a girl with pigtails listening to him also on foot, carrying a bow, and finally, on foot as well, another hooded halfling with an owl sitting on his shoulder.

They see Betsy being tugged by Lok-Nar while Miki's arms are around the neck of the cow on the path. They fall absolutely silent in astonishment.

They are about 40' away presently.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lok-Nar shrugs, and decides to make the best of a bad situation.*

"Hello! Don't mind us, we just came from the baker's house with an order. Tasty stuff, especially the sauce and bread man," Nar says with a grin that shows far too many teeth. "Move, cow," Lok mutters at Betsy.

Krug

Newshound
One of the halflings leans towards the other. "There's more of them hiding in the bushes... I think they're pretending to be shrubbery." The others appear to be still taking in the scene...

Ferrix

Explorer
Nah'l pokes his left head out, "shrubbery! I object to being called..." Stopping midsentence he realizes Lok-Nar, Miki and the cow are blatantly in the road. "Yeah, we picked up these two boxes, pizzas I think, from the baker. They smell delicious, though the Queen will hurt us if they are cold, so I can't open them."

"Yes! Just shrubbery!" Taden yells out, trying to stay low anyway and completely ignoring the Kobolds that are in plain sight, "Don't mind the shrubbery! Just walks away from the shrubbery and don't eats it!...please..."

Krug

Newshound
"You visited Gandrews? Did you have the butter scones with the mulberry jam? The stuffed pizza with the crispy outer crust topped with fresh anchovies and spring onions and fresh paprika? The tender orange muffins with fresh rind and just a hint of lemon?" inquires the Halfling holding the mandolin, who is rather portly, even for a halfling.

You had a lot of food at Gandrews.You're not quite sure what you ate. It just kept coming...

"Don't mind the shrubbery! Just walks away from the shrubbery and don't eats it!...please..."

"Hmm... I didn't know shrubbery could talk," jokes one of the halflings on ponyback. The mood of the halflings appears cautious but not hostile.

Miki appears to be sliding off the cow ever so slightly to the right...

Remove ads