• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E KotS Street Date! Bring on the 4e lovin'!

LEHaskell

First Post
My FLGS said they'd have it today -- so I'm gonna hold 'em to it and be there right after work. Going to wait for the full rule set to run it though -- the guys want to build their own characters and I'd like a little time to figure out where Winterhaven fits into my world.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Amazon says mine was shipped yesterday and with 2 day shipping should be here tomorrow. I'm canceling my normal beer/karaoke Thursday night so I can read it. We'll play this weekend.

:cool:

Gorrstagg

First Post
I can confirm, that I just picked up my copy 42 minutes ago. I got it at The Source Comics and Games in St. Paul MN. (Falcon Heights, but you know what I mean. If you know what I mean.)

Looking through it now.

Rzach

First Post
Insight said:
Can anyone confirm they've seen (and/or bought) KotS at Barnes & Noble or such stores?

I bought my copy from Waldenbooks on Saturday (17th). So I presume other stores should have copies on their shelves.

Later,
Rzach

DimitriX

First Post
I've got mine and read through it. Unfortunately, I think there are just enough rules missing that running the adventure without the core books (at least the PHB) will be rather difficult. It won't be impossible. But, there is no indication if standing from a prone position provokes an opportunity attack. This is a real problem because there are a LOT of ways for a creature to be knocked prone in this adventure. I contacted WotC customer service and they said that they won't answer rules questions until the books come out. Well, one just came out! Also, I don't know how illumination and vision work together. I have a guess, but for $30, I don't want to guess. Also, there aren't any lists of items to buy, so going to town with your loot is kind of pointless. I'm ok with the lists not being in the book. I think that's asking too much of the quickstart rules. I've told my players that we'll just skip that part of the adventure until the core books come out.

So, if you just have to run something related to 4e right now, then the adventure is a good introduction. However, if you want to run it right, then you should wait until the core books are out.

sunbear

Explorer
Lets see, FLGS is SUPPOSED to have one for me today. Was going to run it this weekend but UFC will be taking a bunch of my sat night. So the weekend after next, I will be playing for sure. With a 13 year old, a 12 year old and two 9 year olds (two of my own kids + a couple nephews), maybe my wife. But probably not. She doesnt like gaming of any sort and can barley stand to be around me. So not the best group in the world (kids always want to do crazy silly things with their characters and don't grasp the tactical game very quickly) but at least I should be able to play a little.

DimitriX said:
I've got mine and read through it. Unfortunately, I think there are just enough rules missing that running the adventure without the core books (at least the PHB) will be rather difficult. It won't be impossible. But, there is no indication if standing from a prone position provokes an opportunity attack.
If there is no rule saying it does, it doesn't. ;) Requiring the action to stand up is enough, and the penalties for being prone, might just be enough..

Bayonet_Chris

First Post
Kots

Just picked mine up over lunch one of my FLGS (Lost Goblin in Raleigh, NC) - I'll be running it this Saturday with a group at my other FLGS (All Fun and Games in Apex, NC).

AlphaAnt

First Post
Brent_Nall said:
Amazon says mine was shipped yesterday and with 2 day shipping should be here tomorrow. I'm canceling my normal beer/karaoke Thursday night so I can read it. We'll play this weekend.

:cool:

Amazon delivered mine today, so I'm reading through it now instead of actually working... :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads