Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - OOC

Someone

Adventurer
Cor Azer, in Kjula's background I puposefully left somewhat unclear what thegn/daimyo does my character serve so you could tie him more easily into the existing campaing. My actions this post won't change much depending on it, but Kjula's motivations could vary depending if his master is an ally or an enemy of the new thegn.

Cor Azer

First Post
Cor Azer, in Kjula's background I puposefully left somewhat unclear what thegn/daimyo does my character serve so you could tie him more easily into the existing campaing. My actions this post won't change much depending on it, but Kjula's motivations could vary depending if his master is an ally or an enemy of the new thegn.

Huh... I just assumed Kjula's family was always secret servants/allied of the thegn's family; I never considered the idea that he worked for someone else...

Cor Azer

First Post
Ah, if I serve this thegn then that makes things a lot easier.

My thought, given that he just became thegn with the death of his father, is that the current thegn knows of you, but doesn't really know you personally, since your interactions with the late thegn would have been secret.

GROMkill

First Post
Alright, so just to begin the discussion, I don't think normal initiative is working for our group, as big as it is. With how it is now, we end up waiting for one person to post, and we do that 7 times. I don't think it is worth the extra time required to post in exact order; I can sacrifice the feeling of doing initiative the normal way in order to move the battles faster. (I'm always really excited to do my turn).

Malenkirk's has been very good to me in the small amount of PbP that I've done on ENworld, and I really dig it. It may be a little tougher for all of the baddies to attack at once, but its not like that is really any different from normal initiative, because the groups of enemies have the same initiative, anyways.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yeah, I was the one supporting the normal initiative method, but this is a LARGE group of players. I think grouped initiative will be better.

Walking Dad

First Post
Already posted something on the IC thread. To many player's not checking regularly, it seems. A pity, when normal initiative works, I like it better.
But as it is now, grouped initiative for the win.

Cor Azer

First Post
Already posted something on the IC thread. To many player's not checking regularly, it seems. A pity, when normal initiative works, I like it better.
But as it is now, grouped initiative for the win.

Seems to be the way to go.

Also, so I know for future encounters - do you guys prefer being explicitly told you're in a skill challenge or ones that are just 'stealthed' in?

GROMkill

First Post
Seems to be the way to go.

Also, so I know for future encounters - do you guys prefer being explicitly told you're in a skill challenge or ones that are just 'stealthed' in?

Me, being a new(b) player, prefer explicitly being told. At least, it just seemed terribly sloppy in an adventure I was in where the DM didn't really make it known what we were supposed to do. A different adventure I am in explicitly explains the skill challenges, and I like that much better.

Remove ads