Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - OOC

twilsemail

First Post
Flooding in Southeastern PA is going to keep me from posting for a bit. I'll keep you apprised of the situation.

Skaldi will keep moving towards the goblin and, when within range, will use direct the stirke to get Kadlin to fire.

GROMkill

First Post
I'm going to side with the Malenkirk Conventions here. I've become accustomed to them in the PbP's that I'm in on L4W and LEB, and they seem to be pretty effective and simple. I may be biased, because I haven't played with normal initiative rules with PbP, but I'd assume it'd be a pain.

Walking Dad

First Post
Both can work fine, but Malenkirk can screw up you posts if your character likes area effects. I had often to redo my post, because someone else posted while I typed and moved in areas I attacked. Now post a rough outline first and then edit to avoid this.

Cor Azer

First Post
Hmm... Seems like we've got people on both sides. I'm not particularly beholden to either method - I've always used regular initiative in my pbem games, but pbp games have apparently used some for of the clustered initiative.

I'm inclined to give more weight to the opinions of leaders and controllers - as Walking Dad implied, their powers often depend on knowing the battlefield and being able to plan where allies and enemies will be.

Still cobsidering...

Pentius

First Post
Well, I'll toss a vote for the Malenkirk Conventions, then. My main hang up with normal, which is minor, is that it's easier to get hung up on one person if they're busy or didn't realize their turn was coming that fast. I mean, the conventions aren't much more than just being lax on PC turn order, with a rule in place to prevent end of turn cheesing. Also, I like the part where the DM rolls initiative for everyone. Nothing kills the excitement of a coming battle like waiting three days for everyone to see it and roll.

twilsemail

First Post
I would, in the very least, like to see Cor Azer rolling Init. I'd prefer the Malenkirk rules be adopted, but I'm not married to either set.

Also, I survived! Does anyone want a slightly used Ark? It's not overly large. Just 300 cubits long.

ETA:

As a DM, I like including scenarios like this early in games - see whether the party chooses to rescue bystanders or confront the villain. Both are fine choices, but I find it helps me figure out how best to present interesting hooks to the players/characters; better than simply asking.

Why would we save the commoners? There are hundreds or thousands of them. That axe is special. It needs to go over the cliff. It's only proper...

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
I would, in the very least, like to see Cor Azer rolling Init. I'd prefer the Malenkirk rules be adopted, but I'm not married to either set.

I was planning on rolling all the initiatives myself in either event, mostly because they don't really have a proactive rollplaying component and it speeds some things along.

Also, I survived! Does anyone want a slightly used Ark? It's not overly large. Just 300 cubits long.

Hmm... Sturdy construction, but a little wet? I do have the two dogs necessary though...

Why would we save the commoners? There are hundreds or thousands of them. That axe is special. It needs to go over the cliff. It's only proper...

Why? I dunno. The reasons could be as varied as the characters making them. I'm just curious.

Pentius

First Post

Besides, do they really need to be saved from dropping into knee-high water? I mean, I'm a commoner and I'm pretty sure I could handle that.

Remove ads