• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - OOC

GROMkill

First Post
I'm more for character optimization, and then I can fluff the actual mechanics to fit how I want the character to be like. So should I drop the Wisdom to 12, drop the Dexterity to 14, and bring Con to 16?

And what type of armor should I be wearing? With battlerager, are you supposed to be like, wearing weaker armor than the norm?

pathfinderq1

First Post
As a Fighter, even a Battlerager, you should probably focus on your role as a Defender- if you want to do damage, just play a Slayer.

Keeping the basic character idea (Half-orc Battlerage Fighter), I would focus on STR and CON pretty heavily- STR 17 (19), CON 15, DEX 11 (13), INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 10. At level 4, bump STR and CON to 20 and 16. Without a shield, I would opt for scale instead of chain- you lose a minimal bump to damage, but get better AC; if you really can't live without the damage pick up Weapon Focus- ax or Weapon Proficiency- Execution Ax at level 2. But right now, we have 3 strikers (Blackguard, Hexblade, Rogue)- as far as Defenders go, you're it- and we only have one leader for a pretty big party.

Again, I haven't played a Battlerager, though I've seen them in play. Your mileage may vary.

To cut off my train of thought- I'll give you the same advice I always get, when I have a pile of concepts (or a really crazy idea)- Play the character you want to play, and how you want to play him.

GROMkill

First Post
Got some heavy changes to my character coming up. The simple idea of the character, and his backstory is staying the same, but he will be a Mul Two-Handed Weapon Fighter. I will post tonight when I finish him!

Edit: Posted in the Rogues' Gallery thread. Dossk Wjeltekamr, (Or just Wjeltekamr, for short) is ready for battle! Oh, and immersive roleplaying. That too.

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
Skaldi's sheet is also up there. I haven't gotten his fluff up yet, as I had another pbp thread to update as the DM. The Fluff should be up sometime this morning.

twilsemail

First Post
If the Reflavoring is alright, I'd like Skaldi to be using a Shield and Whip instead of a Glaive. Glaive works better mechanically, but I like the feel of a whip in his hand.

Remove ads