• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Scotley

Hero
Jagr growls low in his throat and speaks softly for his companions. "I would not like to be turned away so near to our quarry".

Then he addresses the guard who appears most likely to be in charge of the group. "We have special permission. We have been asked to be here. Linus is expecting us."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Rebuild Begins Here!

OOC: DM's Note: There are few of the posts in between these last two posts and the next set of posts I have that are missing. It is at this point that the captain of the Free Defenders introduces himself to the PCs after first encountering them in Bard's Gate Keep Quarter. If it turns out that Trogdor has the post in his email notification archive, I will re-add the post here. If not, then it will remain a lost post.

"Is it then?" Borya says with his customary smirk.

"Are their so many horrors that come out to play at this time?"

Jagr growls low in his throat and speaks softly for his companions. "I would not like to be turned away so near to our quarry".

Then he addresses the guard who appears most likely to be in charge of the group. "We have special permission. We have been asked to be here. Linus is expecting us."

OOC: Lost post may be re-added here.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jagr extends his own paw like hand careful to keep his claws in. "I am Jagr Misthunter. A distinct pleasure Captain Trethewey, the city is blessed to have such a determined and careful officer protecting its heart." He nods at the Captain's suggestion and matching the man's stride he speaks. "We have been tasked with solving a mystery and dealing with a threat to the city. You will no doubt hear rumors of a magical mouth on a bridge speaking the name of the infamous wizard named Yenejg Togan and of murder and arson in the guild district at the house of one Kalier Goloda and of a running fight in the streets. We apprehended the murderer and arsonist only to find that his mind was broken by some fell power we do not understand and that he may not have been responsible for his actions. We seek to find the true cause and we have been led to believe that one called Odals Alzota may be the root of the problem. All this happened under the watch of Linus Vinter, of the Lyreguard and so we have come to share what we have learned and perhaps combine our efforts."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Scotley
Jagr extends his own paw like hand careful to keep his claws in. "I am Jagr Misthunter. A distinct pleasure Captain Trethewey, the city is blessed to have such a determined and careful officer protecting its heart." He nods at the Captain's suggestion and matching the man's stride he speaks. "We have been tasked with solving a mystery and dealing with a threat to the city. You will no doubt hear rumors of a magical mouth on a bridge speaking the name of the infamous wizard named Yenejg Togan and of murder and arson in the guild district at the house of one Kalier Goloda and of a running fight in the streets. We apprehended the murderer and arsonist only to find that his mind was broken by some fell power we do not understand and that he may not have been responsible for his actions. We seek to find the true cause and we have been led to believe that one called Odals Alzota may be the root of the problem. All this happened under the watch of Linus Vinter, of the Lyreguard and so we have come to share what we have learned and perhaps combine our efforts."
"I- I had heard about the fire at the Goloda Estate," Captain Trethewey replies quietly. "But I hadn't heard about a magical face or about Yenejg Togan. Gods! That's not a name that I've heard in a while." He seems uncomfortable even saying the wizard's name. "What you say confirms my worries that something more has been going on than just the fire and the petty thefts in the Bridge District. So, Yenejg is connected to all this trouble. That's very troubling. It makes sense that my superiors didn't mention it. They're likely trying to keep it quiet. I did see the arsonist brought to the Keep. He seemed... confused. I've never heard of anyone named Odals Alzota. If the Lyreguard are already hunting him, and I bet they are if what you say is true, its probably being done in secret."

Originally Posted by kinem
"I am Sarten" the kobold tells the Captain. As Jagr's summary seems comprehensive enough, he doesn't see a need to say more.
"Glad to meet you Mr. Sarten. Have you been enjoying your time in the city? Well, not the fire or the murder or the rumors of an evil archmage. but other than all that, how do like Bard's Gate?"

The Free Defenders captain shakes Sarten's hand, He also acknowledges Shrough's silent nod and raises an eyebrow at Vak'Tiel grunt (but doesn't seem offended). He walks alongside Jagr, as he and the other Free Defenders show the group the quickest route to The Keep. The large fortress is soon looming large in front of all.

"Welcome to The Keep," Captain Trethewey says. "I'm sure that Selina has told Lyreguard Vinter by now that you were coming." Just as he finishes speaking, four guards from the fortress approach the group.

One guard motions the heroes forward to enter. He is a tall man, in chainmail. He greets them stoically. "You have arrived. That's good. Vinter, Wilsk, and the others are waiting in the main hall." He looks at the captain. "Trethewey."

"Caius. How`s life amongst the Gatesmen? Enjoying your new position?"

"Very much so, Treth."

"Oh, where are my manners," Captain Trethewey turns to Jagr. "Jagr, meet Caius Vit Micon of the Gatesmen. Caius, this is Jagr Misthunter and his companions. This other interesting fellow," the captain motions to Sarten. "Is named Sarten. The others all seem quite unique too. I don't know all there names but they seem to be linked in some grand intrigue that has to do with the fire at Galoda Estate. Have you heard about a magical face appearing in the city?"

"Yes, but I wasn't told anything about it," Caius. replies. "It seems to be above my station. I did hear whispers amongst the Gatesmen. But I doubt it's true."

"Yenejg." Captain Trethewey whispers.

"It's t-true?"

The captain looks a Jagr before answering. "I don't know everything, but i doubt everything you've heard is true. Let's not cause a panic, Caius. Do your duty and I will do mine."

"Y-yes, s-sir."

Selina exits out of a side iron door set into the wall of The Keep. The main gate is shut tight. Captain Trethewey waves her over and then orders her to take half the men back out on patrol. "I will stay here and see if I can find out more about what's going on." He turns back to Jagr. "I must go to see my commander. I will lt Caius show you the way to the main hall. I might see you later, but it is not for certain. Good luck."

OOC: If you want to put a face to the captain, just image Sean Connery when he was younger. :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sarten says "Thanks, Captain. So far Bard's Gate has been ... interesting. 'Odals Alzota' is probably an alias, but perhaps Mr. Goloda can provide a description or other clues.

Caius, well met. Lead on, then."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A fox yips in the dark and the Elf perks up. from out of the dark a red fox trots out and walks up to Shrough. "He is with me Captain. He must have seen a field mouse and was hungry."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The fox trots up and a rat is seen in his mouth, "He is hungry, but . . . ."

The fox trots over to cat-person and drops it at his feet. "He likes you!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads