• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Sometimes sneaky is needed, but I prefer more direct approaches." He pats a sheathed longsword to emphasize his point.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Market Bridge:
"Borya friend," the large human says as he reaches out a hand to shake hands.

"As for Cousin Willy, he's been a friend of the family so long he might as well be related."

"it's been so long," The large man sighs looking sad for just a brief moment before that glint and strangely infectious smile returns.

"Looting you say? That sounds like the potential for adventure and I have a feeling, I was asked to come along for quite the same reason. Cousin Willy always seems to be involved in some quick rich scheme."

"What else have you heard?"

Sarten shakes Borya's hand.

"I don't know much more. Only that someone stuck a note in my pocket advertising the job. Probably they did that to anyone who looked able to hold a knife or cast a spell.

The note said to go to the Market Bridge. Let's go."

With the big man in tow, Sarten is able to make his way through the crowd without too much difficulty.

They soon arrive at the Market Bridge only to find a Halfling speaking to a bird-man and a few other big folk. "Is he your cousin?"
Wilie recognizes Borya immediately when the big man appears through the crowd. He jumps down from his soapbox and runs over to the cleric. "Cousin Borya, you came to visit! It's good to see you!" Wilie looks at Sarten with a curious smile. "I've met a lot of Borya's friends before but I never knew he knew a kobold. Wilie is my name. If you're a friend of Borya's, you are my friend as well."

The halfling offers his hand in friendship to the kobold. In any other city it would be a strange sight to see, but in Bard's Gate Market District it's just another day.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
To the other gray elf Shrough gives a polite bow of his head then gives his attention to the Halfling, "Good sir, it seems you remember me. If I am correct, I must ask, Would your name be Willie?" He produces his note.

His demeanor is polite and unassuming.
Wilie answers Shrough after conversing with two more newcomers (one he calls 'cousin'). "Yes, Wilie is my name, and I remember you from about a week ago. I believe you had questions about a man. I wasn't much help, sorry to say. Did you ever find him?"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Shrough and Vak'Tiel:
"I had a friend get contacted by our mysterious benefactor who was ordered to pass a note on to me. Rather cloak and dagger, I would say."

"Quite sneaky, I'm not usually a fan of such sneakiness with the exception of my friend Caldrin here."

"Sometimes sneaky is needed, but I prefer more direct approaches." He pats a sheathed longsword to emphasize his point.

"As do I." Vak'Tiel says looking back to the greatsword strapped across his back, whose hilt appears to be made of a ram's horns.
The other halfling next to the kenku listens to Shrough and Vak'Tiel conversation with interest. He face has a look of concern on it. He looks at Kisep and then at both Borya and Sarten.

"Doesn't it strike any of you odd that you all showed up her at roughly the exact same time. I don't care how good this S.H. is, it would be nearly impossible to ensure all of you are here at this time without some sort of powerful spell. Did any of you feel compelled to come to Bard's Gate or was it just luck?"

"Helman, you worry too much," Wilie says. "And not all of them are here. I count only half."

"Wilie," Helman replies. "Your cousin and the kobold are obviously two of the eight."

Wilie shakes his head but then an 'oh' look comes over his face. He looks at Borya with concern. "Cousin, do you have a note with my name on it?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Kisep

The kenku has been silent for a while, taking in the news that he is not the only one to receive a mysterious note and that this Wilie halfling seems to know little more than they. With his characteristic manner, Kisep studies each 'hero' carefully before moving to the next. A capable bunch, by the looks of things. He wonders for what purpose they were brought together.

"I did not feel any magical impulse to travel here today," Kisep says in the common trade language of Bard's Gate, with a distinctly eastern accent -- that's what people expect, is it not? "Always have I felt a need to visit the great city of bards, for I, too, am one of such minstrels. My name is Kisep, I am a storyteller and somewhat proficient with string instruments."

Holding up his magical citern to prove his point, Kisep continues. "So none of us knows the true reason for being here today, apart from the note we received. I imagine that whoever wrote it, will make their presence known soon enough and things will become clear. In the meantime, I'd like to try the local cuisine; I'm dying to try something other than my dusty old travel rations."

ooc making up for lost time.

knightfall said:
Wilie recognizes Borya immediately when the big man appears through the crowd. He jumps down from his soapbox and runs over to the cleric. "Cousin Borya, you came to visit! It's good to see you!" Wilie looks at Sarten with a curious smile. "I've met a lot of Borya's friends before but I never knew he knew a kobold. Wilie is my name. If you're a friend of Borya's, you are my friend as well."

Borya reaches to hug/throw up cousin Willie in his arms, but stops when he realizes it's making Will uncomfortable. He replies with his customary 10 mile smile.

"This is Sarten, and I believe he was invited for a reason."

He then goes around the room and shakes hands in a pleasant manner repeating the words, "Hello, my name is Borya and you are?"

(O.O.C. You get the vibe that he would help you move if you only asked and doesn't have a racist bone in his body.)

knightfall said:
Wilie shakes his head but then an 'oh' look comes over his face. He looks at Borya with concern. "Cousin, do you have a note with my name on it?"

"I do. Is it true that you finally found her?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well, Willie, sir, No I have yet to find him. Seems there is some resistance to my searches, so I will rest my search for a while. "

then to Helman and Willie, " If I may mention, my contact seemed . . . . .off . . . " He shakes his head slowly with incomprehension, " I don't know. It does ALL seem a bit unusual."

He is particularly polite to both Borya and Caldron, extending his hand in a handshake to the gray elf with curiosity in his eyes.

for those that pay attention, Shrough is armed with a longsword, quiver, but now bow, backpack of excellent make and fine shirt chain of mithral.

"There is another, and this one is lurking under the bridge." A short whistle and a fox emerges seconds later from the tall river grass, a mouse in his teeth. A quick few chomps and the small rodent is gone. and the red furred canine pads softly to the elf.

"This is Zarr. A friend I picked up about 5 years ago . . .or you could say he pick me up" **shrug**. He picks up the fox and carries him on his shoulders where the fox gives a relaxed toothy smile and lays lazily across the Elvin warrior's shoulders.

Remove ads