• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Imagine being immortal and being sentenced to life in prison :eek:
You wait until people forget why you're there and ask for forgiveness. You wait until it erodes around you. You wait for some revolution or other. You wait for an earthquake/other opportunity to escape...

Being immortal (if you can stay sane) means it is almost impossible to hold you.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hey guys,

I'm just letting you know that @TaranTheWanderer would like to join the Bluffside game. I told him I'm good for him to join, and all but Aust Thale are playing in the Heroes of Carnell game with him, so there is familiarity.

He wants to create a brand new character that will come in during the group's downtime. I'll let him put forth his ideas for his new PC and then we'll go from there.

Also, I have physio today, so I won't be as available in the afternoon (and maybe the evening).

Hey folks. Hope you don't mind if I jump in.

I don't know what's really going on in the game - hence the reason for a new character (so I don't have to read the whole PbP.)

My idea was playing some kind of plucky kid who becomes enamored with the group and wants to join them. When I say 'kid', I mean late teens. But it really depends on what skills the group is missing. If you need a roguish-type, I'd play a younger character but if you need a fighter-type, I'd play an honourable warrior or something. I'm really open to whatever.

Also, a brief synopsis of what just happened would be helpful.

Edit: You have a couple roguish characters but no full rogues. I'm toying with a Shadowdancer but still open to whatever.
Edit 2: I guess you also don't have a full Cleric so I could play one of those too. I like clerics....and druids.

Last edited:

Neurotic

There are few NPCs such as Zenpher that could be smitten by heroes. Or Sobla the kobold. And casters such as Ela.

There is a sick and missing druid, that could be your druidic link.

For the cleric, have restoration ready and come with Rockhorn.

We don't have dedicated anything. Except maybe melee with Tim and me replacing Breva. Rogue role is covered well I think. Wizard and cleric kind of, but not truly...

Play what you want, we'll manage.

There are few NPCs such as Zenpher that could be smitten by heroes. Or Sobla the kobold. And casters such as Ela.
I really don't want to play an established NPC - after reading the entirety of Fritz's Folly, I'm all done reading whole PbP(at least for a while). I'd rather come in with a character who doesn't really know what's going on but is super-thankful that he dedicates himself to you folks.

There is a sick and missing druid, that could be your druidic link.
Interesting...If your next goal is to find the druid, then it sure would be a convenient fit.

For the cleric, have restoration ready and come with Rockhorn.
That is actually a great idea, if you decide to go cleric (or similar)!
Is Rockhorn a character? I don't really understand the reference.

Welcome Taran!

I'm not sure if we're really lacking anything much. I'd say play what you want!
Thanks!

We don't have dedicated anything. Except maybe melee with Tim and me replacing Breva. Rogue role is covered well I think. Wizard and cleric kind of, but not truly...

Play what you want, we'll manage.
If I play a caster, I like to go pure caster but I'm already playing a Wizard in the other game so I would want to try something else. Cleric and Druid seem to be on the top of the pile right now, given that Rogue and Fighter are mostly covered. I'd always liked to try Shadow Dancer but after reading them over a bit, they wouldn't really add much to the party.

I'll think on it some more.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Taran, Welcome! Just a thought. Unless Knightfall has other plans for the NPC, Falen (my character) encountered a young page of a kid who could be adapted to whatever role suits you. He was at the Ticineum (spelling?) Consulate. Encountered Falen for 5 minutes. Knightfall could update you on his job, and that could dovetail into something. Just a thought. Nevertheless, Welcome!

Neurotic

Rockhorn is a character, just introduced in this encounter ( @MetaVoid )
You could try and be both caster qnd combatant with something like duskblade or hexblade. Assuming sorcerer prohibition in Bluffside doesn't extend to them.

Neurotic

Shortest possible review:
There is a sorcerer noble exiled from his city and is now tryint to take over this one. He's causing lots of problems from his semi demi quasi planar hideout by sending monsters, doppelgangers and humanoid band known as Loyalists through the city. He's targeting The Five, ruling council of Bluffside, and other important people (the mayor was assasinated for example). We're gaining fame by thwarting some schemes and finding out about his other plots.
The druid is a side quest, He's sick and shouldn't be so he went into fey well to find a cure instead of us.
We also found out there is an intelligent rat swarm somewhere. We brought in Old city killer, a mass murderer. Saved some people, captured others, now Akos is looking for a chance to speak with The Five about their prohibition of innate casting because that turned loyal and capable soldier against the city (and may cause Akos some grief now when people saw in the open what he can do). Akos will ofcourse say he us a priest (true) and that he has fey gifts (qlso true) which should cover the fact that he is also a warlock (not kosher). It is not generally known even in character since there were no arcanists before Falen in the group

Remove ads