• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm waiting to find out to where @Tellerian Hawke is going to have Angus move.

@Neurotic, I'm assuming you want to keep Maur off the rubble.

@MetaVoid, straight back for Litrix?

@JustinCase, Caerth's lizard form gets a 40-ft movement, so he's going to move just northwest of Shouzas on the roof.

I'm going to put Quinn next to Litrix.

Aureus is going to move up onto the roof and then as far north as she can with one move. This puts her next to Shouzas.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's where I'm assuming the PCs will move to unless someone wants their character somewhere else.

Spider Attack_R3_Litrix Grants Move Actions.png

Angus will move backwards 5 feet diagonally, and ready an action. He will attack the first spider to enter his threatened area from any direction.
And then the next five will eat you without support from the rest of us. If Quinn and Maur and Litrix have to move and attack instead of full attacking the line of spiders to get you out we leave casters in the open.
The idea was that we keep the line so we cannot be surrounded.
I cannot tell you how to play your character, but please reconsider.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Tellerian Hawke can you follow Maur instead of doing 5' step? Going backward is slow going and he would need two or three rounds to get to the door (or double move) - we can simply go this one move and then step by step back - I'd say Maur will do another move after this granted one, but spiders are before him and I expect some extra attacks if they keep attacking.

I'll post IC something along those lines. If you stay at 5' step, Maur will come help Angus on his turn.

@MetaVoid, does that move action requires us to move or we can do something else that requires move action?

The advantage of holding the line at the entrance:
-we keep pressure on Nightshade
-we hold the rush of spiders inside the building
The disadvantage:
- we get flanked (bad for Phar and Aureas)
-everyone gets caught in webs (which I don’t think is a huge deal until the ooze swallows you)

The advantage of retreating:
-protect our flank (Wedge Up! Wedge up!)
- can retreat to tomb if necessary
-give us more space between us and the ooze (I may still be able to hit ooze)
-allow enemies to clump up for AoE

Disadvantage:
-Multiple spiders will be able to attack the fighters (I actually don’t think they are much of a threat to our fighters)

Since the fighters have been retreating anyways(to avoid the webs) it’s been too difficult to create a choke point. So I feel a full tactical retreat is safer. My goal has been to prevent spider casualties and target the Nightshade. I’ll continue to try that as long as we feel we can defend against the spiders. If anyone feels we are getting overwhelmed, just say the word and I will attempt to toast as many spiders as possible.

Remove ads