L4W Discussion Thread III

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah, not all of them are active, and there's at least 4 PCs that were submitted, reviewed, and never responded to comments.

I'm not sure how to prune that down without either a) telling people not to add the "requesting approval" tag until they submit for approval, or b) going through by hand and removing those not actually submitted.

Anyway, most of the characters currently in the queue have been through the tavern recently. That should help you figure out who's really requesting approval ;)

renau1g

First Post
One thing I did notice was there were a couple PC's who'd received their approvals still sitting in requesting approval status (including Blade).

Mewness

First Post
I'm looking for approval!

Oh, and I'm hoping to get it for my character, too.

The character generation guide has links to helpful templates with the fields filled in with stuff you can replace. I think those templates have the "looking for approval" tag already in them, so if you use one it gets attached to the character whether you finish the character or not. It might be a good idea to just take the tag out of the templates, so the player has to put it in manually.

covaithe

Explorer
Does anyone actually use the requesting approval category? I know I never have; I keep track of pending approvals in my email. I wouldn't trust the category.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah, I keep a text file on my computer that I update any time there's an email. That's what I copy-and-paste into the status update emails.

To get to the character's page I used to use the requesting approval category, but there's been PCs in the past that forgot to add the tag, making them more of a hassle to get to that way. I just use the L4W category now, never run into a character that wasn't in that one.

As for why there's so many characters in the requesting approval category, I think Mewness is right. The sample character has the tag in there, so everyone who's ever made a page thinking they'd fill out the character and didn't is in there.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, I had some free time last night and I'm weird that I enjoy reviewing stuff (I'm an accountant and do it all day as well).

Also, there's a ton of really cool PC's out there and I enjoy looking them over as well.

CaBaNa

First Post
In regards to character checking...

Martelai has been given a look, and has some things to correct. Could a judge give a look at his sheet, the template is funky, and I'm not sure how to correct it...

Kendrick Kent has been approved...

Bell Jabson has been approved...

Atlas has been approved...

Magnus Madiron has been approved...

Vrrsk't has been approved...

Remove ads