L4W Discussion Thread V

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Iron Sky: I take it you're OK though? My brother in law hit a deer in a Corvette Stingray. Needless to say, the fiberglass car was totaled. The deer actually tried to jump the car, but evidently didn't succeed. My brother in law got out without a being seriously hurt, but it was scaaaarrrry.

Until you hit one, you never realize what damage those things can do.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Yeah, it was a little deer. Didn't even dent my fender, just took out the turn signal. It was so minor, I was thinking about something else within few minutes. :)

renau1g

First Post
...and I'm back! Just got back last night. Feeling good but now I've got a week of laundry that the wife & I are tackling so no updates today. Should be back to work tomorrow, might be a bit slow as I cut through the paperwork but thanks to the wonders of my Blackberry my inbox stayed pretty clear this week :)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to come back, slowly. I miss living worlds. I miss my characters Bell, Scorpius, and Shava. I miss some of the characters whose stories I followed even when I wasn't involved in their thread. I missed a place to test new content where I was inspired by the players.

Now, work has not slowed down, and I'm just as busy outside work, but I've adjusted. They're bringing in another person to supplement me at work so things should get even better. I'm optimistic, but I'm serious about slow returning because I don't want to get to the place where this site seems like work.

I'm asking for your help. I need to cheat a little to get back into play. Reading all the threads to find out what changed is going to take time and resources that I don't want to spend, because I think it will make me feel like I don't have time to come back.

I want to play in a game, 1st things 1st. I'm retiring Raiko. I was done with him them, I don't really miss him. I want to return with either Bell or Scorpius. If you were one of their companions, let me know what's happened to you, and me!

I seem to remember being able to retire a PC (Raiko) and apply the levels (with a penalty?) to an existing one. I can't find those rules now. Am I crazy, or just not looking in the right place? This would make it easier for one of those two to catch up to former companions.

If playing goes well, I'll start DMing one game. If there are any plots I started, being DMed by someone, where the DM might like to release his responsibilities there, I will consider that adventure before a new one.

So thats my plan, 1 PC then later 1 DM. Also, I won't be roleplaying during work hours. Or considering judging. At least for now.

So. . . help?

Velmont

First Post
When you retire a character, you can apply some of the old character XP to another one. A judge will be needed to have the exact mechanic.

Welcome back Scorpius.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Ok so Raiko had 3767 xp (maybe more if he received any from his last adventure. I need to check).

Half of that is 1883. Which could be applied to Scorpius (0 XP) or Bell (4590 XP).

I think I need to do a little more homework and find out if I have any credits or xp owed to these characters first, but now I know exactly what I'm trying to figure out! Thanks!

Now where did Bell and Scorpius' companions wander off to? I need to decide which character to play.

Remove ads