L4W Discussion Thread V

twilsemail

First Post
I just wanted to toss out two things in this here OOC discussion thread.

1.) Greetings all! I'm new to L4W and relatively new to PbP. Please be gentle. I'll be bringing in a PC after the two recruiting adventures depart. Wouldn't want to stir the waters as everything is settling.

2.) I maintain a Tavern Patrons thread over in LEB. Is that something that would be welcomed over this way as well? I'm more than willing to start one over here as well.

The thread has, in general, tracked the active PCs in the tavern. It's seemed helpful for recruiting parties and for forming adventures. The Tower's Shard seems a bit more static than the Hanged Man, so I'm not sure how much use it would be to the community in the long run.

Mewness

First Post
[MENTION=79628]twilsemail[/MENTION]

I think that any effort spent tracking which characters are free is going to be useful and appreciated around here (it can be difficult, though, as characters who have just completed an adventure don't always come back to the tavern).

There are already a couple of pages on the wiki designed to help us keep track, but they depend on regular updating. One is the character status page, a big table that (hopefully) shows who and where everyone is, but is hopeless out of date. The other is the automatically generated character table, which at least gives good info about level and such, as it only requires that the player put the template on their sheet in order to generate its information.

Welcome to L4W!

twilsemail

First Post
Looking at the character status page, it looks like it's maintained by players affecting their own PCs. The only problem I can see with this is that Players can disappear or forget to update one of the half dozen pages linked to their character.

I'm more than willing to add people if they chime into the thread, but I can't dedicate the time it'd take to keep track of all of the adventures. The thread would mostly track the PCs that have entered the Tavern for RP and those that notified me in some way that their PC was waiting for adventure.

Thanks for the welcome.

covaithe

Explorer
The "Who is in the tavern" thread has been tried a few times here, but isn't currently being maintained. Your LEB one looks nice, and you're certainly welcome to do the same here if you like.

Luinnar

First Post
Don't want to clutter up the tavern thread with discussion, so I'll respond to this here.

I wouldn't expect you to do this. The problem I have is that he's a black hole of conversation. Everything he says is about himself, which means if he's in any scene where anybody's talking about anything but him, they effectively have to ignore him if they want to get anything done.

In the right situation and with the right group, he could be a lot of fun, but I think I'd have to tailor the adventure to him if I was going to have him in an adventure I was running.
I was going to have him just be all talk in his evil schemes from the beginning, since he would not fit in otherwise :)

Anyway I'll work on his personality more, to make him more party friendly and less scary to random NPCs. ;)

covaithe

Explorer
How are people denoting always-on item properties in their character sheets these days? Esp. things that add damage to a variety of attacks under some condition? Is there a reasonably prominent way to do that, or are people just adding the conditional extra damage to each power's damage?

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=More DM credit spending]

Record-keeping post to say that I'm spending 3 DM credits on Ikni at level 4 for 876 xp, which bumps her to level 5.

And, that I'm retiring her at level 5.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
To all Players/DM's:

A last minute travel opportunity came up for this week (March Break in Canada) and I'll be taking a vacation. I'll be slow from today until probably Monday. NPC my PC's as necessary.

"See" you in a week :)

Remove ads