L4W Discussion Thread V

weldon

Explorer
When they say the DM's can make the game as rules heavy or "rules-lite" I just read that as:
"We will have a crap ton of optional splatbooks that may or may not contain the best player options that make it practically mandatory so that we can take your hard-earned moneyz"
I'm not quite as cynical about more nefarious motives, but I think the logistics of integrating different rules "plugins" will still be difficult for everyone, particularly PbP. It might be straightforward for an individual gaming group to decide on the rulesets that work for them, but how do you do that in a living world with many DM's?

I don't know how it will all work out, but I'm actually kind of excited about the possibility of different types of branded video games, online or otherwise, that are free to explore different styles of play by using different rulesets.

WEContact

First Post
When a Fey Beast Tamer takes a move action, he and his beast move simultaneously. My CharOp friends assure me that if a player's powers/abilities result in simultaneous events, the order in which they resolve is determined by the player, and that therefore a FBT can use one move action to move his blink dog adjacent to himself and then teleport to another square adjacent to the blink dog. I agree that this is rules-legal, but would it be considered cheesy here?

Luinnar

First Post
When a Fey Beast Tamer takes a move action, he and his beast move simultaneously. My CharOp friends assure me that if a player's powers/abilities result in simultaneous events, the order in which they resolve is determined by the player, and that therefore a FBT can use one move action to move his blink dog adjacent to himself and then teleport to another square adjacent to the blink dog. I agree that this is rules-legal, but would it be considered cheesy here?
Fine with me. :)

treex

First Post
I just got this idea (I checked the wiki and it shouldn't have been done before) to make a Deva Bard, that Multiclasses into...EVERYTHING (except Vampire, doesn't fit thematically and it gimps him to oblivion). After all, a Deva has lived through many, many lives and I should try to reflect that...

But how does Multiclass Versatility actually work? From my understanding you can MC into every class available, am I right?

And, just a list of MCable classes for myself...
[sblock=List]PHB1: Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard. (Total of 8)
PHB2: Avenger, Barbarian, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Warden (Total of 15 so far) (Bard not included as I'm starting as Bard)
PHB3: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, Seeker (Total of 21)
EPG: Artificer (Total of 22)
FRPG: Swordmage (Total of 23)[/sblock]

Sadly, I'll only be able to get 18 feats, missing out on 5 of the 23 classes. EDIT: With Assassin, that makes it 6 out 24.
Now the question is: Which do I take and in what order?
EDIT: About the hybrid, hybrid bards do not get MC Versatility.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
First, what kind of Bard will you do. I guess it will be a Prescient as you have a +2 Wisdom. And then, you will probably go with archer type. FInally, you might not be able to fill the pre-requisit of all class multiclass feat because of the low stats, which will get higher at paragon and epic. So I would focus on the one that help you with more range option or more healing option.

WEContact

First Post
I think you should take maybe 4 Multiclass feats (Maybe all Leader feats to make you better at your role. Several Daily heals and the Warlord's Resourceful Leader feat would be really good.) and then the Bard of All Trades feat to reflect the rest.

If you take nothing but multiclass feats you won't be as good of a leader, and keeping track of all the little bonuses you get from each MC feat will be a pain.

Son of Meepo

First Post
What WEContact said.

If you take too many MC feats, you'll be gimping yourself into oblivion.

One of my favorite characters that I've been playing for a few years now is a half-elf prescient bard. He started off with the Ranger MC feat. At level 10 he mutliclassed again as a cleric so that he could qualify for his paragon path. When I level again, I'll either multiclass as a seeker or shaman so that I qualify for my Epic Destiny.

He plays as a striker and leader combination and is fairly effective.

treex

First Post
This is what I had planned...
[sblock=List]Acrobatics (Level1)
Arcana (Level1)
Athletics (Berserker's Fury)(Barbarian)
Bluff (Pact Initiate)(Warlock)
Diplomacy (Soldier of Faith)(Paladin)
Dungeoneering (Level1)
Endurance (Demanding Talent)(Battlemind)
Heal (Hero of Faith)(Avenger)
History (Student of Battle)(Warlord)
Insight (Level1)
Intimidate (Battle Awareness)(Fighter)
Nature (Spirit Talker)(Shaman)
Perception (Defender of the Wild)(Warden)
Religion (Initiate of the Faith)(Cleric)
Stealth (Warrior of the Wild)(Ranger)
Streetwise (Level1)
Thievery (Sneak of Shadows)(Rogue)[/sblock]

That list lets me cover every skill ^^ I was thinking about playing as a swordy guy.
And then I'll see how low my stats can be after factoring in stat-ups from leveling up, to favor my main stat. I need my stats to hit 13 for prereqs while I pump one main stat and taking uhh...Melee Training I think, as the first feat.

EDIT: Out of all those, none of them have an INT requirement. Wow, my INT is my dump-stat, that is ironic.

Last edited:

Remove ads