L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
After looking through the approved characters list, there is a lack of Leaders, just like what r1 said. Guess I know what character I'm gonna roll up next.

EDIT: I have a small collection of ready made character sheets already done in wiki format for whenever I want to play a new one. I've found it to be both convenient and vexing, since they're just sitting on my laptop, waiting to be brought to life. Does anyone else do this?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Beer festival. [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] is a fan of beer. He has a whole collection of empty beer bottle he has all tasted and evaluated. If you are around, tell us.

Yeah, it was him him that pointed it out to me a couple years ago. I just wish here in Ontario I was able to buy some of the beers he suggested, but sadly the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) makes it....challenging to buy.

I had some time last night while watching the Nashville/Phoenix game (worst playoff game I've watched to date:() and was fiddling around with a template for awarding xp in an adventure. It (hopefully) will save me some time when calculating xp, it's got some vlookups and a few simple tables to look up against. It'll calculate the time xp/gold and the second tab will let you put the enemies and once you input what level, #, and type (Elite/standard,etc) it'll calculate XP for the encounter as well.

Anything highlighted in Green is to be filled in. I figure I will be using it, but if anyone else wants to, here it is. For longer adventures I can estimate when a level-up will happen as well to tweak later encounters accordingly. Hope it's useful.

Edit: After some internal testing, I've updated the template to avoid N/A errors that arose when leaving encounters blank. Just added some ISERROR formulas and we're good to go

Attachments

• Living Adventure Template.xls
    53.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
oh right, I forgot you're a Quebecois also.

Hopefully they're not bothering you too much, they seemed relatively tame (unless you are a cop).

I haven't even seen any demonstrators. I manage to always not be downtown when they're marching.

Are you in Montreal? I am hoping to get up there myself in June for the Beer Festival, depends on the flight costs.... I love Montreal in the summer.

Yep! Although I'm going to be in Boston for a wedding exactly when you're going to be in town...

Where are you flying from? Check Porter for flights. Even if you have to connect through Toronto it's still cheaper than anything else, and they've got sales running pretty much constantly.

renau1g

First Post
Yep! Although I'm going to be in Boston for a wedding exactly when you're going to be in town...

Where are you flying from? Check Porter for flights. Even if you have to connect through Toronto it's still cheaper than anything else, and they've got sales running pretty much constantly.

From Windsor. So I can connect through Toronto. It's just over $300. I looked at flying out of Detroit but it's over $500 from there. It's about $285 to take Via Rail, so I'd definitely fly and also save around 10 hours each way.

jbear

First Post
Happy Birthday :)

Can someone explain what the process is for buying and selling magic items?

Do I just do that to my hearts content? How much do I get for magic items? Full price? 20%

Is there a link where I can read up on this. I've been looking but nothing that i can see touches on this. CHeers

treex

First Post
I just went through a few of the characters in the wiki and I've seen that they've all sold their items at 20%.

From what I've seen in other threads, there are people who just magically have their new items or roleplays an IC reason for getting a new one. I remember a dumb character that got "duped" by a goblin (or some other) into letting him "take care" of his gold and the goblin dropped a magical artifact (or something along the lines of that)

But yeah, just my input on this...

Remove ads