• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

WEContact

First Post
Petition. If you hadn't pointed it out, I probably wouldn't have noticed, but now that you did you can't just ignore the rules without getting permission. (That'll teach you to open your mouth...)

(I'm not a judge anymore, though, so this is just my opinion.)
Haha, I did consider not saying anything, but I hate the idea of trying to get away with a marginal ruling rather than just persuading the community that my interpretation makes for a better game.

WEContact

First Post
Characters played by the same player may not interact with each other in any meaningful way. They shouldn't ever be in the same place at the same time, and no exchanging items or services with yourself, even through a third party.
Does this rule extend to the tavern? Only one PC per player in the tavern at a time? I have three waiting for an adventure. :p

dimsdale

First Post
Attention well seasoned dms, can you help me out with a rules question

In the Revenge of Bosch adventure a golem is ready to go on a rampage.
In the map The golem in question in BG1. As soon as the golem moves his attack will be stopped by a fighter's (Rocco...mean old dwarf who has a history of foiling the DM's plans) OA attack (which Neurotic rolled before the rampage).

My question is this. It says in the description of the rampage power (shown below) that the golem has to move into the space of the target before making a slam attack. In moving into Rocco's space it triggers the OA attack which stops the attack. Does the golem get a chance attack anyone then? If so, based on the map, who would the golem get to attack?

[sblock=Rampage attack description]

The bone golem moves up to its speed plus 2 and can move
through enemies’ spaces, provoking opportunity attacks as
normal. When it enters a creature’s space (ally or enemy), the
golem makes a slam attack against that creature. The creature
remains in its space, and the golem must leave the space after
it attacks. The golem must end its rampage in an unoccupied space.

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OAs are, unless my copy of the rules is outdated, interrupts. So the fighter's attack would happen before the golem actually moves, which means it would negate the rampage attack as the golem doesn't enter the target's space.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Once Rocco's OA stops the golem's movement, the rampage attack ends and the golem makes no further attacks against anyone with that action. And since OA's happen before their trigger, the golem won't even be able to attack Rocco.

Remove ads