L4W Discussion Thread V

renau1g

First Post
Nope, he's only saddled with that responsability in LEB ;)

I believe THB & I are the only two suckers left who are judges in both... apparently we burned out Kal and Scorpius and Atanatotatos ...

WD - nobody's opinion here carries more weight IMO, except when it comes down to voting of course, but I don't take proposals any differently from judges as I do from others.

Nebten

First Post
Let's not make another proposal since this has already been hashed out in a 10 page long thread within this year. We don't need more houserules to overturn other houserules.

evilbob

Explorer
Let's not make another proposal since this has already been hashed out in a 10 page long thread within this year. We don't need more houserules to overturn other houserules.
Except that the previous proposal was made long before the newest errata which has changed the landscape once again. If you're (reasonably) frustrated with the changes, don't forget that we're not the ones constantly changing the rules; WotC is. Personally, I'm more than a little miffed at constantly feeling like I'm trying to hit a moving target. But in any case, I think your overall point is a good one: let's focus on what we're actually arguing against before arguing, right?

It's been said but it bares repeating that the L4W rules HAVE been updated; I think it just wasn't updated on the charter or something because I know when I checked it was still the old rule. So, for clarification, the current house rule actually is:

- Everyone gets a single expertise-family feat at level 5 for free.
- No one can take an expertise feat before level 5.

Link here
and here

Thoughts? Everyone good with that or should we restart the process?

Otakkun

Explorer
- Everyone gets a single expertise-family feat at level 5 for free.
- No one can take an expertise feat before level 5.

The way this house rule is made we're going to keep discussing it every time WotC changes or adds a new rule/feat concerning expertise bonuses.

I'll propose the following instead of what we already have:

"At levels 5, 15 & 25 L4W characters get a free +1/+2/+3 feat bonus to hit with all their attacks."

Let the players decide what they want to do. It's so much easy and clean this way. Also, since this is a feat bonus, we're probably never going to have to talk about it again.

evilbob

Explorer
Also, since this is a feat bonus, we're probably never going to have to talk about it again.
Never say never. :) Remember, the reason we had the house rule discussion/change in March was because WotC changed expertise feats to be feat bonuses instead of untyped. I think they permanently reserve the right to change it back at any moment. :)

CaBaNa

First Post
[MENTION=10309]Otakkun[/MENTION], I think that is a decent solution, make a formal proposal thread, and see if the judges vote that way.

Dekana

Explorer
I don't know too much about the racial specific feats, but wouldn't that proposed solution represent a power increase for nonweapon, nonimplement attacks? For example, a dragonborn's breath weapon would get an extra +1 to attack that it doesn't get if someone chooses versatile expertise with their bonus feat from the current rule.

Remove ads