L4W Discussion Thread V

Ozymandias79

First Post
Yes, you will loose those exp and begin at 2250 xp also you can't spend DM credits on a dead pc IMHO so those exps is lost, so sorry :.-(

at least you don't have to start a level 1 again with your new Character as we aren't that cruel :angel:

Ozymandias79

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Yes, you will will loose those exp and begin at 2250 xp also you can't spend DM credits on a dead pc IMHO so those exps is lost, so sorry :.-(

at least you don't have to start a level 1 again with your new Character as we aren't that cruel :angel:

Ozymandias79
If I knew that, then I may not have retired Fissure. This is... very unfortunate. That's four months of XP wasted.

FWIW: The charter says nothing about not being able to spend DM points on a dead PC. Dead PCs can't normally earn XP as they cannot fight anything, but DM points are a meta-game construct for rewarding DMs. Thus, I don't see an issue with it, but is something that should be clarified.

So, if I pay 500gp, spend some DM points, and "pretend" Fissure still died, that's okay. But:
- A PC who died looses all XP above a level if they wish to start a new one
- A PC who "reinterprets" a PC (a encouraged route by the Charter) looses the XP.
Just want to be clear.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Another point: Dead PCs still earn Time Xp while they're dead (might take a month to finish a combat at get back to be rezzed), so there is precedence for spending DM points on dead PCs.

Ozymandias79

First Post
IMO Fracture's wealth should be normal and not penalized in any way as he died and You were FORCED to create a new one

about DM credits, that was just my opinion

and yes, I understands all that

Ozymandias79

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
You do lose the xp as Ozy said, but I don't see why you couldn't spend the DM credits. I know a couple people have spent DM credits on characters they then immediately retired so they wouldn't lose xp on the switch. I don't think there's much of a difference.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I have a rules question: the Level 2 Cleric utility power Angelic Witnesses says:

You conjure a silent, ghostly angel in 1 square in the burst. The angel lasts until the end of your next turn and occupies its square.

Can allies flank with the angel for combat advantage? It doesn't explicitly say anything about it, or that it counts as an ally.

Dekana

Explorer
No. Conjurations are not creatures or allies, and only allies can flank.

I find it best to think of all conjurations as unintelligent balls of fire, no matter what shape they take or attacks they have. They do not follow most of the rules that PCs do.

Summoned creatures do count as allies though, so they can flank.

Fyrm

First Post
Are we aloud to select themes for our characters? I mean the ones in the Dark Sun Setting book, btw. My reading over of the charter leads me to believe that it would be a yes, but I thought I'd check first.

Remove ads