• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Cool. Thanks, I've heard it debated that you are casting the spell through both items with DIS...

I'm pretty sure the general (CharOp at least) consensus is that you only get the benefit of the one you cast it through. So, you get your Staff of Ruin damage bonus, or your power is Fire, but not both at the same time.

Tomalak

First Post
Of course, you can choose which bonus to get each time you cast; though they don't combine, nothing says you have to cast with your right-hand, right?

renau1g

First Post
I'm pretty sure the general (CharOp at least) consensus is that you only get the benefit of the one you cast it through. So, you get your Staff of Ruin damage bonus, or your power is Fire, but not both at the same time.

Well...if the CharOp'ers aren't even bending the rules that way it certainly can't be true. ;)

dimsdale

First Post
To the judges

I'm currently able to read incoming e-mail, but not send any out going mail. I can resolve this issue by contacting my internet provider, which I plan to do next week. Until then, I can't send CS approvals to the judges.

here is the CS for max Requesting approval for lvl 5.

thanks

dimsdale

renau1g

First Post
Max doesn't need to be approved as he's staying with the DM where he leveled up, that is unless Mal wannts us to review him.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Ok, so I'm having a terrible time making up my mind about which PC to play next, so I'll see what people think we need more of here:

Option A: Pyromancer Mage - dropping massive, highly accurate, highly damaging blasts of fiery doom(+10 vs NAD, +11 damage at lvl 4).

Option B: Centered Breath Monk - Defender-level defenses, incredible mobility, decent damage, self-generating CA. Less damaging than the mage above, but helps hold down the center-line of battle.

I'm leaning towards the mage since I already have 1 (mostly) melee striker and 1 defender, but thought I'd see what some other people think.

Walking Dad

First Post
Maybe I do something wrong, but my 4th level Pyromancer only does +8 damage and +9 to hit at level 4. (Only used 1 feat so far to increase damage, next feat will at 2 more damage.)

Is he fully specialized to deal damage (Int 20, only damage increasing feats)?

Being Pyromancer only adds 1 damage to my build.

Walking Dad

First Post
My LEB character has only Int 18 (, level), implement +1, accurate (expertise not allowed) and Hellfire blood. 4 + 2 +1 + 1 + 1 = 9

Will get staff expertise as soon as possible.

Remove ads