L4W Discussion Thread V

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
delete%20history.jpg

snaggle2th

Explorer
Background question - Jade Kingdom

Let me know if this is the wrong place for this, but I am creating my first character and looking for some background feedback. I am building a dragonborn ardent from the Jade Kingdom. I am thinking that his reason for taking off to adventure is that psionics are not well respected in the Jade Kingdom, and maybe even viewed as dishonourable. Does this fit with the JK canon?

Thanks for any help.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Doublepost.

But, while I'm here again, let me encourage any of you wanting more gaming time to step on over to Living Eberron. Its great fun, and we have dragonmarks too. ;)

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Let me know if this is the wrong place for this, but I am creating my first character and looking for some background feedback. I am building a dragonborn ardent from the Jade Kingdom. I am thinking that his reason for taking off to adventure is that psionics are not well respected in the Jade Kingdom, and maybe even viewed as dishonourable. Does this fit with the JK canon?

Thanks for any help.
Its unclear. As clearly Eastern influenced, the Kingdom of Jade has has several monk characters come from there and at least one psion. However, ardents & battleminds, being less about "control" may have issues fitting in with their strict hierarchy. So I think your idea is consistent with (what I know) has been established.

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas the kobold just had the dubious honor of matching Jax the kobold's record of 4 failed saves in a row (and in an r1 adventure, too!). Kobolds are not a lucky race, it appears. But I guess we knew that.

JoeNotCharles

First Post

You can always establish that there are several subcultures in the JK, and the one that the character is from finds psionics dishonourable. If they remain in the JK, even if they move to another region where psionics are officially allowed, they'd meet enough people from their own culture who disapprove of one of THEIRS being psionic that it would be uncomfortable (much the way immigrant groups living in a culture with different norms often pull together to police their own members especially strictly). They may want to leave entirely to lessen the chances of meeting people from their own culture.

renau1g

First Post
Papolstaanas the kobold just had the dubious honor of matching Jax the kobold's record of 4 failed saves in a row (and in an r1 adventure, too!). Kobolds are not a lucky race, it appears. But I guess we knew that.

I just use my evil DM powers to affect the rolls...player's may have Fortune Cards, but I've got a handy supply of Ruinous Rolls at my disposal... :devil:

Remove ads