D&D 5E Last Chance for Idle Q4 Product Speculation

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Given the timeframe and the announcements, I'm sure there will be a section about diversity. But I doubt it will be the main topic of the book, because it takes so long to create a book.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Given the timeframe and the announcements, I'm sure there will be a section about diversity. But I doubt it will be the main topic of the book, because it takes so long to create a book.

I'd wager they already had something cooking, and the diversity statement was a chance to tout it, and maybe a push internally to push the envelope a bit further.

It's not very informative, but did you guys catch the hint dropped today? It's a discord thing, but here's an article that describes it:

Also worth mentioning that the post about it from the D&D Instagram account has the hashtag #august24, and the id3 tag of the mp3 they posted in discord lists its album as "August 24th, 10 AM Pacific" - sounds like it'll be announced Monday.

edit: ...oh god, they really did it. They had an announcement about when to expect the announcement.

Last edited:

It's not very informative, but did you guys catch the hint dropped today? It's a discord thing, but here's an article that describes it:

So, that seemed to indicate that Tasha, the creator of the spell, will be our next NPC to get a book named after them. Which seemed odd at first, since unlike many othe people spells are named after, I couldn't immediately remember any lore associated with her. Then, upon some quick research, I discovered something quite interesting indeed: Tasha was an adventuring pseudonym for... Iggwilv! Looks like one of Greyhawk's big bads is going to present a 5e book!

u/Brandy_Camel, the WotC Community Lead for D&D, just changed her reddit avatar to an image of Iggwilv.
Welp, that seems to have quickly confirmed that speculation!

So, what's the subject going to be? Good and Evil? Powerful characters/NPCs/monsters? Magic and spells? Heck, could it be a general Greyhawk or Planescape setting book?

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, that seemed to indicate that Tasha, the creator of the spell, will be our next NPC to get a book named after them. Which seemed odd at first, since unlike many othe people spells are named after, I couldn't immediately remember any lore associated with her. Then, upon some quick research, I discovered something quite interesting indeed: Tasha was an adventuring pseudonym for... Iggwilv! Looks like one of Greyhawk's big bads is going to present a 5e book!

IIRC, and I may not, she may have been Gygax's daughter's MU PC originally.

Remove ads