D&D 5E Last Chance for Idle Q4 Product Speculation

So, what's the subject going to be? Good and Evil? Powerful characters/NPCs/monsters? Magic and spells? Heck, could it be a general Greyhawk or Planescape setting book?

Given that Iggwilv had mansions in the Abyss and the Grey Wastes, it actually really might be a planar-themed players option book. I was personally campaigning for "Shemeska's Guide to the Wheel", but I'll take what I can get.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's not very informative, but did you guys catch the hint dropped today? It's a discord thing, but here's an article that describes it:

If we get a Tasha/Iggwilv book, I'm feeling it will be more of a Xanathar's Guide 2: Eldritch Bugaloo than a planar book specifically.ayne a XGtE mixed with a Volo's Guide, as a bit of an out there idea.

All of the UA material they have put out since September combined is like a third of a book, and that's if everything makes it in who h it won't, so I'm extremely curious to know what the rest of the book is ..

If we get a Tasha/Iggwilv book, I'm feeling it will be more of a Xanathar's Guide 2: Eldritch Bugaloo than a planar book specifically.ayne a XGtE mixed with a Volo's Guide, as a bit of an out there idea.

All of the UA material they have put out since September combined is like a third of a book, and that's if everything makes it in who h it won't, so I'm extremely curious to know what the rest of the book is ..
As I mentioned in the Darkhold thread, I'm guessing that they will be bringing the Mythic Action mechanic to the wider game, and a book presented by a powerful NPC who might possess such abilities might be a good place to do so. It would be interesting to see more stat blocks for high-level foes and monsters with that mechanic.

Also, weren't we supposed to get more on gem dragons this year after the sapphire dragon release? That might be pushed back due to the ever-delayed psionics, but again, perhaps we'll finally see them here.

And a final line of speculation would be more spells and, especially, magic items. We really haven't had a major update for magic items since the DMG, other than the Common items in Xanathar's...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
As I mentioned in the Darkhold thread, I'm guessing that they will be bringing the Mythic Action mechanic to the wider game, and a book presented by a powerful NPC who might possess such abilities might be a good place to do so. It would be interesting to see more stat blocks for high-level foes and monsters with that mechanic.

Also, weren't we supposed to get more on gem dragons this year after the sapphire dragon release? That might be pushed back due to the ever-delayed psionics, but again, perhaps we'll finally see them here.

And a final line of speculation would be more spells and, especially, magic items. We really haven't had a major update for magic items since the DMG, other than the Common items in Xanathar's...

Quite a few items scattered through the Setting books and Adventures, but a big cache would be sweet. They did quite a few Spells in UA over the past 9 months, and there were magical ratios as embedded magic items.

There was that whole gem dragon thing, yeah: you might be on to something regarding Mythic monsters, with their inclusion in both Theros and Icewind Dale...

Crawford did say in the Q&A for the most recent Dragon+ broadcast, in response to a question about US for more DM options, that most of their design work is for DM options but that they've found over the past several years that testing that in UA is not very fruitful. He said we would be seeing a lot of DM material soon ...

There was that whole gem dragon thing, yeah: you might be on to something regarding Mythic monsters, with their inclusion in both Theros and Icewind Dale...
Don't know if you have seen it, but this article on D&D Beyond confirms that the "Chardalyn Dragon" is from Rime of the Frostmaiden. Which is kind of obvious if you analyse the name, but still...

No mention if it has mythic actions, but it looks pretty mythic.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Don't know if you have seen it, but this article on D&D Beyond confirms that the "Chardalyn Dragon" is from Rime of the Frostmaiden. Which is kind of obvious if you analyse the name, but still...

No mention if it has mythic actions, but it looks pretty mythic.

There was also the Sapphire Dragon stats that came with the anniversary dice last year, which Stewart said would be available for sale in a book in 2020. Seperate thing.

briggart

Adventurer
This is likely not related to the upcoming announcement, but I just remembered that around the time ToA came out, Perkins (?) mentioned an upcoming product featuring Lantam. Have we ever heard anything else about that?

Remove ads