• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 1 - Homeless)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rix finds a small bag filled with coins hooked to the goblin leader's belt. Unfortunately he has no time to count them, although he does note that the belt buckle looks valuable and slips that into the bag before tossing Alexander the goblin's clothes.

A goblin spear goes through the mattress that Kel is holding, barely missing the elf. Alexander has Kel move the mattress back slightly from the door as he tosses the goblin leader's bloody clothes into the surprised face of an angry goblin, then moves to help Kel block the doorway.

The goblins can be heard arguing on the other side of the makeshift barricade for a few minutes before their footsteps are heard walking away from the party's location.

Ferrix

Explorer
Deuce Traveler said:
Rix finds a small bag filled with coins hooked to the goblin leader's belt. Unfortunately he has no time to count them, although he does note that the belt buckle looks valuable and slips that into the bag before tossing Alexander the goblin's clothes.

OOC: I meant the body of the goblin leader actually. Toss that out the door and they'll be disheartened.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Hearing the goblins at the other side of the door depart, Alexander states"They'll come through the tunnel"

He supports himself on the wall, grimacing as he moves his neck, the place where the wolf's jaws sunk still marked on the skin. "We can try to make a rush through the tunnel... or we can try the door, they'll certainly not expect us to come through there"

Ferrix

Explorer
"I doubt they even knew the tunnel was there. Killing their leader probably gave them a reason to reconsider attacking us." Rix smirks at the half-orc.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Alexander answers with short laughther (which is interrupted by pain, again) to Rix's comment, and then says: "What now then? any idea? elf? Rix?"

Ferrix

Explorer
"Well, it would do us little good to leave empty handed. I propose we search this and the guard chamber first, then move on to the storage area and then finally to check the common area." Rix smiles menacingly.

D20Dazza

Explorer
"I'm not sure that we should press them right now. Let's retreat, get ourselves patched up and then come back and deal with the rabble. They'll likely kill each other, trying to establish a new leadership while we're away."

Land Outcast

Explorer
When Rix speaks of ransacking the place, Alexander says "I agree about not leaving empty handed, but there should still some of the vermin around."

At Kel's words he stands up staraight and looks at the elf, notably surprised. "They are weakened now and we shouldn't have further trouble... after I'm somehow recovered" he nods, agreeing for the first time with the elf.

This one is curious, first he spits on me and then he not only saves my life, but also has answers which coincide with the Huntress'...

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rix notices the chest in the room and goes up to it. He finds a simple blade trap, and disarms it without much effort. The key found on the goblin's body opens it. Inside is a masterwork medium-sized chain shirt that the goblin leader never had a chance to put on before you barged into his home, and a garnet worth approximately 40gp. The small sack Rix took from the body contains 34 sp and 12 gp. Two small vials of an unknown liquid were found near the body of the female goblin spellcaster. There is nothing left in this room that seems valuable.

After a quick scouting mission, Rix discovers that the remaining goblins have all left the dungeon, although it would seem that they took any treasure with them. Still, the tunnels are now once again clear for the kobolds to move back into, if the party will have them as neighbors once the refugees move into this town. Or the party can report that the town is too close to dangerous kobolds and seek to move the refugees elsewhere. Or the party may decide to go back and wipe out the kobolds. Or maybe they do something else.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Alexander shakes his head as the group exits the complex... and suddenly takes conciousness of what just happened I fell... couldn't fullfill what Ravil asked me to do...

He remains silent for quite a bit of time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads