• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 1 - Homeless)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rix fires another round, hitting the wolf wants again and dropping it. Lira gets passed the goblin's guard and slices him badly, but not enough to stop the goblin leader for yelling for help with a shout that echoes against the walls. He is silenced forever, though, by a sling bullet from Kel that pierces his eye, blinding him and causing his strike at Alexander to miss.
Alexander sees his opportunity and finishes the goblin leader off, but is brought down by the nearby wolf, which tears at his jugular and brings the half-orc down (at -4 hps).

Lira notices that the room is 50 ft west to east and 30 ft north to south. The northwest corner of the room had a worn bed with a chest at the foot of it. At this moment, a feminine form rises from the bed and casts a spell, a magic missile striking Lira (3 hps of damage).

OOC: Rolled a natural 20 again for Kel! Unfortunately, I also rolled one for the wolf that attacked Alexander with a different die. Alexander is bleeding and needs assistance, currently at -4 hp total. Lira is at 6 out of 9 hps. One wolf and a female goblin shaman left, unless more goblins come to help.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Take care of the wolf." He loads another bolt into his crossbow and fires at the female figure.

OOC: Light Crossbow +6 (1d6 dmg)

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Forgive me but you threw your lot in with the goblins" Kel saays as his stone flies through the air towards the wolf.

Recogninsing the difficulties faced by the group if the half-orc remains down Kel spits"Hold on dumb orc, I'll heal you in a moment"

Question

First Post
Facing the wolf, Lira goes into another attack routine, one that will hopefully dispatch the wolf.

(+3/+3 1d8+4/1d8+2)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rix shoots at the goblin sorceress in the corner, disrupting her spell. Lira severely wounds the remaining wolf, but it leaps upwards to tear at her throat, only to be felled mid-strike by a well-shot sling bullet from Kel.

Alexander bleeds some more (loses 1 hp, now at -5 hps).

The next round Rix fires his crossbow again, killing the shamaness.

Kel moves up to heal Alexander, healing 6 hps, which revives Alexander and leaves him with 1 hp overall.

From the hallway to the south you can hear the shouts of several goblins preparing to rescue their leader, probably not realizing that he is dead.

OOC: Rolled a 19 for my generic Kel and a 4 on the d4. Maybe you shouldn't ever make a character, D20Dazza. : )

D20Dazza

Explorer
"There are more on their way" Kel says as he scans the room for something he can use to block the corridor and give the archers some cover. "I have no more healing, you'll have to fend for yourself" he whispers to the orc as it slowly rises from the floor. Turning to the kobold he says "What're your acting skills like Rix?" the name rolling strangely off his tongue "Feel like dressing as the sorceress?"

OOC: Kel wouldn't have any more healing spells seeing as though we had a priest at one stage, looks like I'll need to take more now that I'm party healer. In fact, Kel has used very few, if any, of his druid abilities, perhaps I should roll up a woodsy cleric instead?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kel grabs the only thing he sees that might block the door for a short while, the torn mattress and bed frame and holds it up against the door.

OOC: If you want to make Kel a forest-like priest, go for it. Need any ideas for gods?

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Damn it elf, thanks for not letting me die" Says Alexander, coughing, as he gathers himself up "I'm in debt... but what to do now?"

OOC: Forest Priest? Remember Artemis, the godess of the HUnt?

Ferrix

Explorer
Rix examines the body of the goblin leader for anything of value, stripping it quickly.

"Time to demoralize them." Once he's done stripping the body of valuables and really clothing as well, he'll gesture Alexander over. "Toss it out the door, that should give them a few things to think about."

Land Outcast

Explorer
Alexander retrieves his scimitar from the floor... and spits at the goblin corpse, spits blood. Damn it, I'm really bad off...

While Rix is doing whatever he is doing with the corpse, the Half-orc looks at Kel inquiringly about what the kobold just said.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads