• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Final Chapter)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Caramip Ashhearth

Hmm.. hm..” She hums as she nods her head. She goes onto explain the bow as she hands it over to Dartis. “I do not believe it’s cursed if that is what you are wondering. Though it is magical in nature. I think it provides better accuracy when firing into combat.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dartis takes the bow in hand, yet feels no ill effects.
OOC: Precise Composite Longbow +1 (+1 strength bonus)

The party continues on towards Tarin, surviving on the land along the way. When the group finally gets to the outskirts of the old city they see the results of the long war. Looking down into the area they see the ancient defensive walls have been torn down and many of the taller buildings have been torn down. Tarin did not fall easily.

There looks to be a large camp to the west of Tarin, near a small river, and half a mile to the fallen gates of the city. It seems strangely silent, although there seems to be movement in the town. It's late in the afternoon.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas seems muted as he looks down into the destroyed city of Tarin. Eventually, quietly, he turns to Dartis. "What next, my lord?"

Nephtys

First Post
Barok shakes his head, talking to himself. "They are far too sure of themselves, tearing down all of the walls as if they did not have any enemies left to fight." He snorts mirthlessly, "Well, after we killed off the Orcs I suppose they dont, because the elves sure as hell won't dare to move against them, but I would have thought they'd still keep most of the walls intact if only to keep their slaves in. Well, I guess it makes our job easier."
"I'm going down there to scout. Maybe some of you should set up camp here to guard the horses while I'm away."

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Caramip Ashhearth

"I can do that." Offers Caramip as she leads the horses away and sets up camp in an enclosed area. She does away with a fire as she doesn't want to aleart the whole army to their position.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nephtys said:
Barok shakes his head, talking to himself. "They are far too sure of themselves, tearing down all of the walls as if they did not have any enemies left to fight." He snorts mirthlessly, "Well, after we killed off the Orcs I suppose they dont, because the elves sure as hell won't dare to move against them, but I would have thought they'd still keep most of the walls intact if only to keep their slaves in. Well, I guess it makes our job easier."
"I'm going down there to scout. Maybe some of you should set up camp here to guard the horses while I'm away."

"Alright, but be careful. I'll keep an eye on you from up here to lend an arrow should things go bad" replies Dartis.

Nephtys

First Post
Barok leaves his horse and saddlebags with the others then heads down towards the town. Wrapped in his travel-stained cloak he looks much like a peasant returning from the fields.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Silas, Caramip, and Dartis make their base of operation and observe the Tallione camp outside the city while waiting for Barok to complete his surveillance. The odd thing that they notice is that the encampment seems void of movement or activity. In fact, they see not one soldier, camp follower, or horse moving amongst the tents. A wind picks up and some of the tents rock precariously or flap in the breeze as if they hadn't been tied down or maintained properly.

Barok
[sblock]
You notice what the other team members see as you scramble down the hillside. You see no one outside of the city and eventually scramble over the ruined walls that you find yourself next to. It would seem as if fire and siege weapons eventually pulled them down. You scramble over the rubble and peer inside from a higher vantage point on the top of some of the broken walls. The rare movement that you do see in the town involves several townsfolk and soldiers, but they are some distance from you, walk aimlessly, and are more in the center of the city close to a chapel to the Rider.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas squints down at the encampment. "I don't see any soldiers. Or any other people for that matter." He shrugs and turns back to helping Caramip set up camp. "I suppose Barok will let us know what he finds out when he gets back."

Nephtys

First Post
Barok walks closer to the chapel, trying to blend into the shadows. Feeling suddenly cold he thinks to himself, something is very wrong here...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads