• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Final Chapter)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Caramip Ashhearth

I… I don’t know…” Says the frightened Gnome before slowly walking back to the camp fire. As the night passes, she tries to get some rest, to put the night’s event behind her, but despite her attempts to sleep all she gets is night filled with tossing and turning. The next morning a groggy but chipper Caramip gathers the groups gear and sets out with her companions.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Since Caramip seems okay and, perhaps, unwilling to talk about it yet, Silas turns his attention to Barok. "What have you found?" He walks over to the man and catches a glimpse of the runes on the bow. "Interesting." Silas will take a look at the runes to see if he can decipher* them. After a moment he'll call out to the gnome, "Caramip, this is more your area of expertise than mine. What do you make of this?"

*Known languages: Common, Dwarven, Giant, Gnome
+7 Decipher Script

Nephtys

First Post
"Useless." Barok drops the trash on the ground. "Though maybe you could use a back-up," he says to Dartis and hands Silas the bow.
"Well," he says as he carves up a few slices of a harpy's leg. "anybody hungry? They're probably not half-bad roasted over a slow fire. I bet they taste just like chicken."

Fenris

Adventurer
Nephtys said:
"Useless." Barok drops the trash on the ground. "Though maybe you could use a back-up," he says to Dartis and hands Silas the bow.
"Well," he says as he carves up a few slices of a harpy's leg. "anybody hungry? They're probably not half-bad roasted over a slow fire. I bet they taste just like chicken."

"I'm sure it does" says Dartis taking the bow from Barok. He examines it for a bit before turning it over to Caramip for further examination.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Caramip Ashhearth

Umm… sure. I can take a stab at it.” She says skeptically as walks over to take a look at the unique bow.

OOC: Detect Magic and Bardic Knowledge on the runes.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Caramip and Silas
[sblock]
The script seems to be an ancient Layhrmon dialect. It reads as 'The Night Mother's Sting'. This may be in relation to Ulavree, who is the goddess of death and magic, and is feared the most by the Dorinthians. It is said that her worshippers will not achieve her blessings until they slay an intelligent being. Unexplained murders are normally attributed to her, and assassins are among her faithful. So are harpies, who are her harbingers and messengers.
[/sblock]

Caramip
[sblock]
You detect a faint evocation aura around the bow. You believe that it would allow the user to fire into a group of melee fighters and hit its target without endangering its allies.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas steps back from his examination of the bow. "Mother, protect us! We've just slain the messengers of Ulavree." He'll make a protective sign to ward off evil* then will go on to relate what he has learned of the bow. Silas paces about in agitation before finally settling down by the fire once more.

*No game effect, just superstition.

Nephtys

First Post
"Serves them right for being too late." Barok continues butchering one of them, then rises to go back to the campfire to cook. "We could have used their warning before the fall of Dorinthia."

Fenris

Adventurer
GlassEye said:
Silas steps back from his examination of the bow. "Mother, protect us! We've just slain the messengers of Ulavree." He'll make a protective sign to ward off evil* then will go on to relate what he has learned of the bow. Silas paces about in agitation before finally settling down by the fire once more.

*No game effect, just superstition.

Dartis looks askance at the bow, unconsiously wiping his hands on the grass.

"So is this a sign of our own impending death? The messengers of Ulavree do not appear by chance it is said. Perhaps though we have cheated death often enough, She no longer cares to take our bets. Is the bow safe to use Caramip?"

Remove ads