• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leadership

jason_gosse

First Post
Trying to work some things out on leadership.

A: I am trying to track the feat that lets you add your str to your leadership score.

B: A cohort can not be more then your level -2 now i understand this but is that cohorts CL can't be more then mine -2 or his ecl can't be more then mine -2.

There a cupple more less importent things but these are the major 2.

brehobit

Explorer
jason_gosse said:
Trying to work some things out on leadership.

A: I am trying to track the feat that lets you add your str to your leadership score.

B: A cohort can not be more then your level -2 now i understand this but is that cohorts CL can't be more then mine -2 or his ecl can't be more then mine -2.

There a cupple more less importent things but these are the major 2.
A) Don't know. Would be an odd feat, but balanced.
B) ECL as I read it.

Mark

Gregor

First Post
A: I believe its called "Might makes Right" and I think it is in an FR book - Races of Faerun comes to mind and I think it can only be used by Orcs and Half-Orcs (I could be totally off on that though)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
B: ECL is indeed your limit. There are some ways around this. For example, Dragon Cohort allows you to treat your new scaly pet's LA as though it were lower (-4 I think?).

Cheers, -- N

frankthedm

First Post
jason_gosse said:
Now I have not actually dealt with wthe leadership score in play, but my gut instict is to allow the ECL to eat up lost points of cohort potential. 2 levels behind is rough already. Given how ECL get set to err on the side of caution, and quite high on some of those {cohort only}LA’s, I do not think it is unreasonable for someone with outstanding leadership potential to have a fancy or strange ally.

Though I also say the player attracts a cohort in game, the player does not build a cohort.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads