League of Darkness: To all whom hate and slay vampires

L

Lion_d'Arghast

Bull . . .

*A young man walks to the boards. His eyes set once more on this line of replies. He picks a parchment and pen and scrawls.*

Lady Pounamu,

If such creatures are not human enough to be protected by the law. Then are, no beings, not fully human protected by your so-called law? And whether or not it is legal to have such a hunt. How can you condone it when it threatens another person's well-being?

Lion d'Arghast, hunter, priest of Solonor Thelandira

*he tacks the post up and walks off.*

{Edit: Good grammar is a plus, yes?}

S

Ssussunriyh

The white-robed mage pens a quick reply...

The tavern staff does not make or enforce the law here, except for Lady Siani's rules. Legal policies are set down by Lord Gellun, Baron of Ford Keep, or by the Lords of Greyhawk.

And the term "human" is used as an abstract generalization, to denote "people," as opposed to "animals" or "monsters." If you need further clarification, I suggest you go consult the local Magistrate.

WizO_Trelian

First Post
WizO Pounamu said:
The tavern worker returns with a carefully written note, surprisingly legible for her (if you forgive some of the spelling ;) ). Grumbling, she tears down any notes that look like they have blood on them (league_of_darkness's last one) and posts her own.

To all it may concern,
Be advised that it may be legal to hunt vampires in the Greyhawk Domain, as they is not considered "human" enough for lawful protection. Vampires, like to drow elves, may be hunted down on sight without legal consekuences. They come to this place of their own free will and at own risk.

Yet if either folk are foolish enough for leave body remains here, in the Crossroads, then I will personally attempt to make their business like to hell until I think they have paid debt for such disgusting behaviour. This is a place of business concerned with food and drink, not Town Square or Gallows.

- Pounamu
staff of CRT

*checks the post and sighs*

"I see the problem. They've misunderstood and combined this into the idea that Pounamu herself is making a law that it's open hunting on drow and vampires. She's only telling the standard laws of the Domain!"

*thinks on it and chuckles*

"I wonder what they'd have thought if she'd listed all the beings that have always been fair game in Greyhawk. It's lucky, I suppose, that inside the tavern Siani's laws still have precedence over the Baron's. Which generally means not killing a paying customer."

. o O (At least, not inside the tavern.)

E

eriwoj

"Aye, not killing a paying costomer is a good thought, my friend. I have not seen, but heard stories in of fights breaking out and even paid hit men making their move inside the walls of the Crossroads Tavern," a young woman offers in writing after reading most of the posts and overhearing the conversation of others. :twocents:

D

Dusk Huntress

*a simple note, added to the mix.*

Vampires, by definition, survive on what they take from others. Vampires as are known as a race take blood from people. And kill them for it. How could the protection of such creatures be condoned?
The Lords are protecting their people by allowing the persecution of dangerous creatures.
If those that are not protected by the law protest, they could as easily journey to a world where they are accepted and catered for.

L

league_of_darkness

The League has not fallen

*A note scibbled on golden parchment in ruby red ink appears on the board. The message, though beautiful, hjas a certain feeling about it that brings a grave feeling of death to all. ((A closer look will reviel extreamly small runes at the edges of the parchment))*

"When there is Darkness in a tunnel, those with vision turn and follow the light at the end, while the blind wonder deeper into the abyss. When there is nothing left, a man seeks the company of others, while a child finds company with himself. When one is hunted by a parasite, the wise turn and hunt the hunters, while a fool lets them continue their game.
"It is only a matter of time before the end of vampires... And to those that do not join us in our quest, a possible end to you as well. We do not wish harm on those not of the vampiric line, simply that you join or get out of our way. The High Lord of the League will make himself known in the near future... And when he does, all shall find that it will be either too late to end vampires, or they will think him a savior to their pathetic lives.
"May you see the light before darkness sets..."

L

league_of_darkness

???

**All messages posted on this thread mysteriously vanish. All traces of the League appear to be gone.**

Remove ads