Learn about D&D organized play options

Warunsun

First Post
The Moonsea (related to Organized Play)

Any of you folks that decided to purchase the The Moonsea product over at dndclassics.com please do me a favor. Make sure you register a complaint that the poster map is missing from the product. The description there mentions the map of the area but they forgot to scan it and include it. I have the original product and it does have a map; I bought the electronic one for text searching and printing out handouts. It is a good product and deserves to have the map put in. I did register a complaint but with all things it requires several folks to chirp up or they will not fix it. Thanks.

PS: I love the Moonsea area and am very thrilled that the new Organized Play is going to occur there. Back in March I started a new campaign set in The Moonsea using the rules-light Castles & Crusades system. It is our first Forgotten Realms campaign in some time. We set our campaign in 1369 DR, Year of the Gauntlet. It will be very interesting to see how the area developed timeline-wise in the new Organized Play offering. Personally, after registering for GenCon, I have had some bad news and I had to cancel my trip there. I fully endorse giving conventions first crack at these adventures but I hope that local stores and game clubs will get access to them later. :)

Alphastream

Adventurer
I've reached out to Wizards. Hopefully they can correct that. (When they correct these things they then send out a free update to everyone who already purchased the product).

clipping path

First Post
I am also inquisitive on that if the person has tried Living Divine.Might be worth a separate thread to review it and discuss. I hope to make it to SynDCon and try it

Alphastream

Adventurer
I am also inquisitive on that if the person has tried Living Divine.Might be worth a separate thread to review it and discuss. I hope to make it to SynDCon and try it
It also runs at ConnCon, Winter Fantasy, and Gen Con. At one point they were considering a switch to the next edition, but my guess is they will wait and see if there is an OGL for it.

Raddu

Explorer
Hi Adventurers! I'm Robert Adducci, Community Manager for the D&D Adventurers League. I lurk around and occasionally drop in on a conversation.

Chris Tulach the OP Manager will be doing a weekly column on the Wizards site which will give more details on the D&D Adventurers League. I'll pay close attention to this thread and answer your questions as I can.

For Frequently Asked Questions we'll have a weekly post at www.DndAdventurersLeague.org

You can also follow us on Twitter @DnD_AdvLeague

wwanno

First Post
Well Raddu, I write from Italy and I don't have shops linked to the d&d franchise here in my town (I buy everything on Amazon.it).

Just one question, straight to the point.

Is there any hope we can have that material for public fruition, in order to use it in our home campaigns? Maybe after those events are played out.

EDIT: as I keep reading I get more confused. I read the first D&D organized event will be "HotDQ". Is it the same that they are selling (and I preorderd on Amazon) or is it somewhat different?

Last edited:

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Is there any hope we can have that material for public fruition, in order to use it in our home campaigns? Maybe after those events are played out.

I asked Rob and he said it will be answered in a FAQ they're working on;

Yan: Will the adventure available for download for stores and convention play be also available for home/oline play like LFR did for most their their adventures? I really hope they do as this was my main way of doing organized play along with many other folks im sure!

Robert Adducci Yan, you're the winner for asking the first question! What do you win? An answer...sorta. We're working up a FAQ and we'll make sure to get that answered.

So who else wants to be a regional coordinator for Adventurer's League?

Remove ads