Leaving Buffalo

the Jester

Legend
Hey AuroraGyps, I don't have much to say here. It's obvious that you know that people care about you- it's cool that you've made contact again with an old friend- and I think you know that you need to get over your ex and move on.

I only have two things to add.

First- happy holidays. I hope Christmas, Yule, Channakuh, Kwanzaa and New Years treat you well, any and all that you celebrate or encounter.

Second, if you're ever out my way and you need a hug or someone to talk to or what have you, look me up. Heck- if you're ever out my way and you don't need anything, feel free to look me up then as well.

Know that a complete stranger is here, willing to be your friend or help you out. :)

This community rocks that way- you know this already, obviously. I do too- I traveled around North America, almost exclusively staying at the homes of kind ENWorlders who had never met me before. I made great friends; people I didn't even know were there for me and showed me hospitality like you wouldn't believe. One particular gronard who I shan't name even tried to give me a bunch of money cuz I was low! We're an affable, generous and kind bunch; always feel free to call on us. (Maybe I speak for some people I shouldn't here, but I know a lot of us feel the same way I do about this.)

AuroraGyps

First Post
Thanks for more kind words Jester. Everytime someone posts something nice, I almost burst into tears (the happy kind) because a bunch of people online are just so nice to me... nicer to me than alot of people I deal with in person.
For all that have told me to move on and forget about my ex... I know that I have to do that, I really do, but it's very hard, mostly due to the social disorder, I think. It messes up your view of people and how you think others view you. And it doesn't help that alot of the time, people don't have much sympathy for a person with emotional problems, yet if I had cancer or something, they'd probably be uncomfortable around me but much nicer. My ex and the ex friends knew about my problem, I explained it, and they still treated my pretty crappy. The whole situation was me getting kicked, while I was down, over & over & over. It doesn't help that I have a memory like a steel trap either... every time someone hurt me, I remember it. And they didn't have to act the way they did either. I mean, even the littlest things mean alot to me and don't take much effort. Everything could still be the way things are right now for everyone and they still could have treated me with a bit more compassion.
Anyways, thanks again for the support. I needed it today. Just in one of those "I'm gonna burst into tears for no reason, all day" days. It happens. Think I'll blare the radio while my Mom's out running errands and check out what cool books she's gotten me lately (like The Watcher's Guide Vol. 3 for BtVS for $2 instead $17.95 it is in stores... and the thing's like brand new... my Mom rocks!). And, if I'm REALLY lucky, and she's feeling up to it, she might stop by Barnes & Noble to pick me up Dreamwatch #3 and Astonishing X-Men #7 (tried to get them in Buffalo before we left, but no go). Plus, later I'm gonna take the dog for a walk/run/drag (well, he drags me :lol: ).

Wycen

Explorer
Ooh, yeah, doggies are good. Since my sister moved into her own place we all miss her labrador.

Sounds like your grandma is being well taken care of. Grandpa decided to spend the holidays with us, so now somebody, (not me!) gets to take the 700 mile drive to drive him back and forth, (about 350 each way).

AuroraGyps

First Post
Wycen said:
Ooh, yeah, doggies are good. Since my sister moved into her own place we all miss her labrador.
Yup, Max is a good dog... the mushiest pitbull you'll ever meet. The only way he could take someone's face off is with kisses.;) I do really miss my kittie though. It's out first Xmas away from each other in like 5 years... & the last 3 Xmas' were just the two of us. There's some things a 80 lb pitbull can't do (or ya really don't want him to do:)) that a 10 lb cat can.

Wycen said:
Sounds like your grandma is being well taken care of. Grandpa decided to spend the holidays with us, so now somebody, (not me!) gets to take the 700 mile drive to drive him back and forth, (about 350 each way).
Yeah, she's doing much better. She was bedridden & living w/ my Aunt & Uncle for a year and they weren't treating her well, being a bit verbally abusive, saying she was doing things for attention... They kept saying she could walk... until the doctor said he was amazed she could deal with so much pain from her hip, which they had to rebuild while putting a new hip. They've just been really mean. The latest, which just about put me over the edge, was that my Aunt told her that she wanted all the gold necklaces and bracelets she's given my grandmother over the years when she dies!!! She won't even let her have a few up here to wear when & if she goes out, cause she's afraid my mom will steal or sell them. My grandmother is 83, has had cancer twice, two new hips and a knee, lived with my grandfather (who had a heart condition for 30 + years, was an alcholic, had a bad hip, cancer twice, and a stroke during their time together), raised 3 kids, drove up until about 2 years ago, and a bunch of other stuff. She's a tough old broad & I think she's awesome. If she wanted to go Bungie jumping, I'd be behind her. :lol: All we (my mom & dad + my uncle, his wife, & their 2 kids) want is for her to be happy. Geez, I have enough problems at 31... I'm SO not looking forward to getting to be OLD old.

MonsterMash

First Post
Aurora,

Hope the move back helps out. Best wishes for the future.

for me I know that I need to bite the bullet and get my divorce next year to move on with my life and stop waiting around thinking things could get better.

MM

AuroraGyps

First Post
Xmas aftermath update

Well, Xmas went off without a hitch. We had my Aunt & Uncle, their son & daughter, and the son's girlfriend to our house. Mom and my Uncle had lunch w/ Grandma at the home, while the rest of us had an easy, nothing homemade meal. After eating,we all went to Grandma's and crammed ourselves into her cozy but tiny room. Grandma looks great! We all gave her gifts, a lot of laughs, and a round of hot Glogg :)(brought by my cousin).
We all left Grandma to go back to our place and have dessert and some more goofing off. It was a really nice time, but I'm not used to socializing w/ so many people, so today I was beat.
I got some nice gifts: a bunch of things with pansies on them (I collect pansy stuff... it's my favorite flower), a $35 gift card to KMart (there's one within walking distance from my place in Buffalo). I'm also getting the BtVS Season 7 DVD set and the Angel RPG Core book (I had to order them myself for mom from Amazon... I tried to make it easy for her to do, but she's still really technology challenged ;)) and that should get here in the next couple of days:D. Also, this summer my parents got me a new 20" TV and DVD/VCR AND they footed the almost $300 bill for boarding my cat. Sounds like alot for Xmas, but my B-Day is Jan. 8, so it's covered too.
Mom & Dad are getting a $20 gift card to Ruby Tuesday's their fav. restaurant late because I couldn't get to one before Xmas. Max got a new ID tag: one side has his name, my parent's last name, and their phone # & the other side has his nickname "Doofus Maximus" in big text (which was proven when we found out peppermint lollipops turn him on...a few licks and I had to put him outside for a "cold shower"...plus he's neutered!.... what a weird dog!).
Only a couple of things were off. With my Mom having a really bad back and being down about me and Grandma, plus my Dad's a real couch potato, they didn't decorate the house at all really: no tree, wreaths, lights.... just some candy and a few little knick knacks. It was just weird being in the house I grew up in at Xmas and it feeling SO NOT Xmasy. Also, I REALLY missed my cat. :( :(
Thanks again for everybody here being so nice and supportive. When things are rough, even the tiniest gesture means alot... and a bunch of tiny gestures is even better.:) I'm very lucky to belong to a hobby that has so many great members.

Remove ads