LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaBaNa

First Post
Does this item need a nerf, or is it fine as is?

I think you and an ally, or two allies within 5, would be an appropriate nerf.

You or an ally is a little too much of a drop.

Velmont

First Post
That is potent.

I understand now why you didn't saw the potential of the symbol over the standard.

Excellent, well I now know what River won't be getting ;)

Please :angel:

Anyway, maybe I had seen it at River's creation, but I wanted him to focus on healing (restore HP) rather than boost (give THP), and that's why I had chosen the symbol of recovery, that gives the equivalent of a free HS to a dying ally.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Does this item need a nerf, or is it fine as is?

I think you and an ally, or two allies within 5, would be an appropriate nerf.

You or an ally is a little too much of a drop.

I think people should be cautious with nerf proposals here.

The reason is that the game just got opened up to any WotC source. Because of that, new PCs will automatically start acquiring items, feats, and powers which were not previously available.

Power creep will start occurring by definition.

But if people start trying to nerf everything that sounds a bit strong, we'll start having little nerf wars right and left.

Since WotC is already nerfing the really strong stuff via Erratas, I suggest that we continue to let them do that job. Bloodclaw, bye bye.

Here on the boards, we should only nerf stuff that is obviously broken from nearly everyone's opinion (and even there, WotC will probably get around to nerfing it sooner or later).

For example in my adventure here, Healer's Mercy just healed over 100 hit points of damage in a single round with a single power. The encounter went from scary to ho hum in a single round. I consider Healer's Mercy to be borderline broken (if not broken, it would be fine as a Daily power instead of an Encounter), but I wouldn't want to suggest to the players using it right now that they get hit with the nerf bat. Sheeva (and River and several other PCs) got nerfed by WotC and it's not fun.

I think we should keep the nerf bat mostly in WotC's hands and reserve it here for the most egregious of offenders.

The Symbol of the Holy Nimbus is strong, but far from an egregious offender.

JMO.

(editted because I cannot spell bye bye)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I'm in agreeance on this with KD. Having also felt the sting of the nerf bat (amazing how such a soft device can sting so much ;)) with Tamarand and seeing how well WoTC has handled errata, I'm inclined to leave it as is. Also, I'm of the impression that the less houserules the more accessible the world is, the more players we'll have :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Question about cumulative effects of feats:
Defensive healing word gives +CHA to all defenses to target of healing word for next attack targeting it

Shielding healing word gives fixed +2 to all defenses to target of healing word until end of healers next turn.

If healer takes both, would the target benefit from both? i..e with CHA 16 (+3) would it get +5 to all defenses for first attack and +2 for others? Since they are untyped bonuses (not feat bonuses) they SHOULD stack, but it gives very tsrong power for healer + fighter or worse warden combination (true, it costs two feats, but still - imagine River with this kind of effect (yes, I'm reading the adventure :) )

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
If healer takes both, would the target benefit from both? i..e with CHA 16 (+3) would it get +5 to all defenses for first attack and +2 for others? Since they are untyped bonuses (not feat bonuses) they SHOULD stack, but it gives very tsrong power for healer + fighter or worse warden combination (true, it costs two feats, but still - imagine River with this kind of effect (yes, I'm reading the adventure :) )
One is a power bonus, the other is untyped so they stack AFAIK.

renau1g

First Post
It's a good suite of feats, but you also have to take 2 feats (a fairly hefty price tag) in order to benefit from it. The one feat only grants it to the next attack, 2/fight & as sg pointed out power bonuses are very common, especially as you level (Shield of Faith, etc.) so they don't stack with it either. All-in, it's good, but I really don't see it as broken.

The other feat gives 2/fight a flat +2 defenses for a turn. Again, not stellar, helps a bit, but it'll really only help about 20% of the time or so (assuming enemies need about an 8-10 to hit, this bumps it to 10-12) for 1 turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads