Legacy of Death Part IX: The Ultimate Tomb

ecayford

First Post
Forge attacks the wounded dazed swarm next to him (37 to hit, 27 damage) and moves up two squares and right one which I think is off of the bones. Creature is dazed so no opp. attack.

He saves (barely) against the ongoing necrotic.

Well that's what he would've done if it was his turn lol! We'll see how Mr. thundercat does.

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
When Leandre is knocked prone, Allowyn tumbles of the back of the cat, prone as well. He stands up, pulls an orb (acid) from his belt and throws it at the 2 bloodied swarms. (31, 31 v reflex. 23 damage, 10 ongoing) If one is close to hit, he'll use heroic effort for +4 attack. Leandre also stands up and unleashes his fury on whichever swarm looks worse off. He bites and claws for 34 and 27 damage.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
With his effort, the Warlord does drench one of the swarms. It take some damage. Sim's riposte also works, and again seems effective (just kept 31 base damage).

The cat follows up, knocking animated metal to and fro. One split swarm is eliminated by residual acid at the start of its turn.

Proximity to the swarms remains a bad thing (10 damage vs Leandre, 10 vs Forge). Forge also takes some damage from the curse (he should save).

Yet another swarm animates.

Forge is swarmed and just hit.

Forge can react (I haven’t even determined the damage). Then you can all go.

Keep going.

Allowyn -42hp, -2 HS, prone/ AP, slash and press, bolstering insight, heroic effort/ radiant orb x 2, acid orb x 2, helm

Buckthorn (total) 109 hp, -2 HS / thundertusk/ trick

Forge -46 HP -6HS, “healing curse” /bash&pummel, AP, arm mst chllnge, shld side, reactive surge, 2nd wind /cloak

Leandre (total) 59hp, -6HS, bloodied /roar

Simorai -0hp, -5 HS, /ins ript, dim. Vortex, bor conf., thnd vortex, AP
/ smoke bottle

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Depending on what Forge does and if it was the Swarm marked by his Aegis that hit Forge, Sim will shield Forge some of the damage (reduced by 21 points) as an IR.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Not yet. We may just jump into another encounter and we should try to find out how the symbol (of a dead god?) and the 6 dead beings fit into the lich’s machinations.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Sim will activate Promise of Storm. He moves up next to the Human and Swordburts the Swarms (40, 32 and 35 vs. Ref; 35 damage). He thinks 2 hits and moves the 2 swarms away.

Does Sim think that the new swarms popping up have anything to do with the symbol at the top of the room and if it can be deactivated?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Sim destroys 1 split swarm and drives the other back.

The symbol is linked to armor and weapons! As is this chamber.

This particular attack...maybe not (though it might be vaguely familiar to Forge of Buckthorn, though not as much as the gargoyle).

(assuming a decent arcana role) you hope that the swarm calling is done.

dyermaker001

Explorer
I don't think I'm prone. I stood up after falling off the cat.

Cat moves adjacent to Forge and Allowyn moves behind forge so they all get the adj. bonus. Allowyn shouts encouraging words (Warlord's Banner, each ally within 5 can spend a healing surge and gets +2 to attack until my next turn.) Cat heals (and saves) bites and claws, (43, 45 v AC for 61 total damage)

Remove ads