Legacy of Death Part VIII: Behind the Doors

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Puts a finger to his lips. Remember, I am considered by some a dangerous character, we must be discrete. I have had visions. For many years.

Meanwhile, with Sim, assuming he chooses a tatoo, they awkwardly move forward, and that image gradually appears above the Dabu's head even as it appears wherever it appears on Sim.

But some other symbols flash through.

I suggest meeting tonight at the Flame Pits tonight. It is by the Gymnasium and Great Bazaar. Your factotum can find it.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Sim is used to Nar’s occasional, random, outbursts so he continues with Fell. In a hushed voice, I had thought that more than chance brought us together which is why I asked for a recommendation. After all, we purplish/blue-tinted, freaky-haired, outcasts should stick together. Nevertheless, I am interested in the Demonskin tattoo (lvl 13) assuming it does not conflict with my existing Mark of Storm. But I am most interested in an unprecedented tattoo that functions to resist psychic and necrotic – an Undead Githyanki skin tattoo as it may be; unfortunately, such a tattoo most likely is even beyond your great ability. But if such a tattoo could exist outside the realm of desire, I would pay in gold or a service for it. What is it you most desire my well-grounded friend?

When Sim gets a chance he says to Deadus, no offence but the dead usually have little use for money so I would like to spend the rest of mine before I meet my end. There are a few other items I’m interested in so maybe we can stop in some shops on the way back later. (Sim would also reluctantly sell his old sword (Stormbiter lvl19) if needed to buy the items).

Grace Ring of Salvation (14 AV2)
Alliance Band (15 AV2)
Crown of the Dream King (15 AV2)
General's Belt (15 AV 2)
Healer’s sash (11 AV)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The dabus shrugs, and the demonic image being tattooed is replaced by that of what looks like an ancient lich like githyanki.

You know not if the irony is intended.

It does seem to be taking quite a bit of time. And will certainly be more expensive.

"Ahhm, we have quite a ways to go in town today. Perhaps he may stay with you, or this can be finished later?"

Fell shrugs in a way that seems to indicate either.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Deadus, trying to split us up again? Did you tell anyone that we were going to see Kesto? What can you tell us about Kesto anyway?
Sim will consider any additinal comments/information from Deadus, but he will most likley wait and complete the tattoo (how much?). If Nar and/or Buckthorn want to proceed, Sim will meet them later. Is the dwarf around?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
"Yes, it was suggested to meet that particular book merchant.

As your companions have waited here some time, it seems expedient to continue.

In fact, you may be here so long that I will be able to come back and fetch you later in the day."

He starts leading 3 of you through the city. Sim remains.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The strange factotum muses as he leads you through the city.

"Are you familiar with the 'rule of three'?"

"The idea that things come in triples?"

Hmm

"Though like most rules, this one has the occasional exception."

He leads you for several miles through the city. Points out something called the Hall of Speakers

Hall_of_Speakers.jpg

Then something called the shattered temple:

Shattered_Temple_by_Nicole_Ashley_Cardiff-D%26D_4ed_(2009-09)_WOTC_-_Dungeon_Master_Guide_2_(WTC242060000).jpg

On Forgotten Lane, between a pipe-weed warehouse and a place of woodcarving, is a potentially drab 2-story building.

Drab, if not for the gnomish being standing on a stool outside, with a 15 foot long beard!

"Ah, would these be potential customers I see".

dyermaker001

Explorer
"Daedus, is this our destination?"

"Customers for what, sir? I would not be surprised what ever you told me. Sigil seems to hold a new surprise around every corner."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
"This would be Mr Kesto Brighteyes."

The beard snaps back to a more reasonable 2 feet or so. He bows.

"I am the same, purvayor of knowledge and Athar."

He peeks up from the bow and stands up.

"What do I sell? Books, tomes, manuscripts, maps, dictionaries, newspapers, pamphlets, lore"

But come inside and see for yourself."

dyermaker001

Explorer
"Excellent. I love a "good" book." A wry smile dances across Nar's face at his (not so) subtle humor. "Show me what you have, the more arcane the better."

Remove ads