• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy Of The Deep (Pt. 1) - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon

Chauzu

First Post
Monster Zero said:
Looking at Axel, Morn says So if you knew the wizard's vile history, how did you get trapped in his dungeon?

Axel's face turns into sheer anger for a few seconds, then he quickly lowers his head to the ground. "It is none of your business. It is mine."

A couple of seconds later Axel's anger and sadness goes away, and he goes back to his usual self. "You guys don't look too strong," he says. "You're not very smart, either, so I'm boss of this cell."

Poto Knezer

First Post
Raven

"We need no leader. We need a plan. And we need to cooperate; I don't like your attitude, Axel.

Perhaps we could fake a fight. I'll donate some blood, if need be. I will kill that goblin with my bare hands if he comes into this cell. I have faced those beasts before. They are worth nothing except to slay with the axe, spear & the barbed shaft."

dddawson

First Post
Lucian Fellheath

Lucian watched the interplay with an air of polite disinterest, though the newcomer's unusually mercenary attitude was...curious. (OOC: Sense Motive on Axel, Take 10 for 10+4=14.)

"Please, must we argue? Consider our position; contention doesn't help us. As far as a plan to get us out of this predicament, I'm willing to do what I can, but arms has not been a field I've cultivated overly much."

Chauzu

First Post
Lucian senses an anger towards the goblinoid and whoever is outside the jailroom doors from Axel, due to the fact that Axel keeps turning his head towards the hallway door with an angered frown upon his face.

The hobgoblin enters the hallway carrying a basket of bread. He stays back to the wall and throws ten small loaves into the cell. "Enjoy your meal," he chuckles. "It will be your last for a while." He immediately leaves after to avoid protests.

Last edited:

Poto Knezer

First Post
Raven

"We need to get organized. I assume this merchant wouldn't want any of his slaves killed. If we fake a fight & make like someone's dying, the hobgoblin would probably come. We could all donate a little blood to make a wound look pretty bad.

"We also need to get ready to blast that jailer next time he comes in. Geramon, come close to the bars. The jailer has a key on him, if you can stun him at the bars, we hopefully will be able to grab him & let ourselves out."

OCC: I assume the jailer has the keys on him since he let Axel in

"Axel, do have any other suggestions on how to get us out of here?"

Raven picks up one piece of bread & sniffs it.

Chauzu

First Post
Axel leaps in front of the pile of bread and yells, "Stay away from my bread!" As he hordes the other nine bread, he glances back at Raven. "You guys can think of all the plans you want. If we actually get out of this cell, then I'm leading you guys." He takes a bite out of a piece of bread and then turns back to Raven. "Give me your piece of bread and I'll tell you guys something else." He then relaxes and stares at the hallway door again. "Oh... and I'm all for your plan."

Poto Knezer

First Post
Raven

Raven eyes Axel levely.

"I'm glad you like our plan, Axel.

"Gentlemen, I believe we have a volunteer for the 'fake' fight. In fact, I believe we have a volunteer to be on the losing end. & we may not even have to donate any blood, spy. What do you think, comrades?"

Raven cracks her knuckles. She stands 5'8" & weighs in at 160 pounds of muscle & fight. Her physique is somewhat manly, with broad shoulders and narrow hips, but her face & ample breasts leave no doubt that she's a woman.

arwel

First Post
Tanarel

A broad smile appears on Tanarel's face as he moves to Raven's side. "It appears we have a great deal in common Raven."

Quickly Tanarel turns to Geramon, "Try waiting for the goblin to open the cell door to break up the fight before stuning him. If he doesn't then do all you can to get the keys from him."

He fixes Axel in his steely gaze. "Axel If your story is true, which I believe it is, you must be one of the criminals the watch sells to this wizard Zanzer Tem. Your behaviour, demeanor and unwillingness to discuss the matter of how you came to be imprisoned here are confirmation enough for me. Perhaps this was meant to be your fate in retribution for the wrongs you have doubtless done."

Tanarel nods at his female companion "Ready?" before rushing at Axel, aiming a punch at his head. Screaming so that the guards can hear, he yells "That bread is mine you son of a whore."

[ooc: Hand attack: 5(roll) + 3 (Attack bonus) = 8. Damage: 2(roll) +2(STR) = 4 in the unlikley event that I actually hit him. Damn this dice :( Initiative: 10(roll) - 1(Initiative bonus) = 9 ]

Edit: Added an initiative roll. It slipped my mind this morning.

Last edited:

Remove ads