• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy Of The Deep (Pt. 1) - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon

dddawson

First Post
Lucian Fellheath

The trustworthy-looking human is short, with straight, black hair cut in what some might recognize as the currently fashionable style, and bright green eyes. Up until now, he's remained still, nursing the bump on his head, and muttering about the loss of his good clothes. With the hobgoblin's order, he moves to the back of the cell and gets down low, minimizing any possible threat he could pose--though not face down on the floor.

Keeping an eye on the guard, he tries to judge the best approach to use, shifting his tone and body language to match.

There's no need for hostility, good sir. We are the prisoners, you our jailer. Our places are known, our roles are clear.

(Diplomacy roll of 22.)

(If Lucian judges that the hobgoblin isn't going to go for this at all, he will lie down as ordered...but he'd much rather not.)

Chauzu

First Post
Sydney notices nothing strange of this prisoner.

Lucian tries to sweet-talk the hobgoblin, but he ignores the man.

The guard opens up the jail door and shoves the new captive inside the cell. He closes the door quickly and exits.

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
Geramon Greenrobe

OOC: Do I remember any of my spells after being hit on the head? If so, I would have liked to color sprayed the guard... If not, well, too bad ;)

After Geramon finally wakes up, a nice little headache kicks in. A little drowsy, he blankly looks at his cell mates. Slowly his thinking resumes his usual fast pace and after having annualized the situation his conclusion is that he is locked away in a cell with people he doesn't know and he is not too thrilled about this. Seeing no obvious way to get out he leans against a wall and observes the rest. He watches and listens and tries to find out what kind of people he's dealing with before making anything known about himself.

The party sees a thin, bony man in green robes, with brown hair, not particularly cut in any fashion, with strange white/silver eyes. He has a pale white skin, usually associated with those who stay indoors too long. At the look of his build this is not a man who is accustomed to hard labor, and the way he behaves, nor to other people. He stands up and immediately flinches as he grabs for the back of his head. After several attempts to stop swaying he rests himself against the western wall. He then looks at the rest suspiciously.

After Geramon measured up the new prisoner, he sits down against the wall and starts remembering if there ever was anybody else thrown in prison for delivering a lizard.

OOC: Knowledge History taking 20 (if possible, else die roll 3 DOH!) +6 = 26 (or 9)

OOC: Is Ron, the weasel, in here? If so I'll let him sneak out of the cell to investigate. If not can I sense him ?

Last edited:

arwel

First Post
Tanarel Whitehart

Barely concealed rage plays across Tanarel's face. "I hate goblins." Calming down he slowly gets off the floor eyeing up the new prisoner as he does so. "The name's Tanarel. What's yours? How do you come to be here?" Noticing that more of his cell mates are awake he nods to them each in turn.

Tanarel walks around the cell to where Sydney is sat and sits down next to him all the while trying to get a good look at the new prisoners condition.

"Considering the recent war with the goblinoids whoever has us locked up has forgiven a great deal in a very short time."

Addresing the newcomer he asks "Tell us, where are we and who has us locked up? Zanzer Tem? The local guard?"

[ooc: Spot check 14 (roll) + 2(skill bonus) = 16 to see if he's got any obvious bruises or injuries]

dddawson

First Post
Lucian Fellheath

When the hobgoblin ignores him, an expression of slight annoyance flashes across the trustworthy-looking man's face, but he quickly reverts to bland neutrality. He didn't have to lie down, that's enough.

When the guard has left, he turns to Sydney. "I'm dreadfully sorry I haven't introduced myself yet. Between the shock of the conditions and this injury....though I'm perfectly aware that's no excuse for ignoring the niceties. My name is Lucian Fellheath, of the...well, I don't suppose you would have heard of us here." He pauses, sighs, frowns, resumes. "If I heard correctly, your name was...Sydney, I believe? I'm afraid I can't add to the communal knowledge of what's going on; I haven't been in town long enough to have picked up on the local news and talk."

Poto Knezer

First Post
Raven

Raven approaches Morn.

"Sir. You mentioned you belong to the old order. I'm not too familiar with this, but are you not one of those who fights naked? Who's hands strike like swords & who dodges blows like a mongoose?"

'I made no serious attempt to escape just now because I did not know if my companions would support me. You are probably the best fighter here, given that we are unarmed. I do not believe anyone who would unjustly imprison us, & associates with goblins has good intentions for us. Thus I believe we must risk an escape attempt. Are you with me?"

She thrusts out her hand to seal the agreement with a shake.

Chauzu

First Post
Do I remember any of my spells after being hit on the head? If so, I would have liked to color sprayed the guard... If not, well, too bad ;)

Yes, you can remember your spells. But since you just woke up... :p

Knowledge History taking 20 (if possible, else die roll 3 DOH!) +6 = 26 (or 9)

Nothing comes to your knowledge.

Is Ron, the weasel, in here? If so I'll let him sneak out of the cell to investigate. If not can I sense him ?

Ron is not in the cell. But you may sense him if you can.

The new prisoner walks to the middle of the cell and turns to Tanarel. "My name's Axel," says your burly companion. "Untie my hands, will you?"

As Axel waits for his hands to be untied, Tanarel notices a big bruise on the top of his bald head. "I'll tell you what you want to know," he says as he strokes his thick mustache. "But I want a gold coin for my answer." The new prisoner smiles and holds out his gold piece. "You guys do have gold coins also, right?"

Sullaf

First Post
Geramon

To Raven:
"Good Sir, that seems to me an excellent proposition. Your name was Raven, right? Let me introduce myself: I'm called Geramon. As you all know by now, we all fell for the same simple trick, it is more than fair that we work together to get out of here. I for one do not intend to stay here forever. I would like to know who has the bold audacity to just jail us without accusation."

To Axel:
"It seems to me that you, Sir, are in the same position as the rest of us, so therefore asking for gold for information is a bit odd, won't you agree?". If you would share your information with us, you could escape with us. Unless, of course, you much rather stay in here with your precious gold coins..."

To the group in general: shaking Ravens hand "So who is with us. Better yet, who has a plan to get us out of here."

After Geramon made his little speech, he tries to sense where his beloved friend Ron is and if he can learn anything from him. Is Ron able to move? Does he see or smell anything? Geramon will telepathically inquire all he can from Ron.

Last edited:

Remove ads